how much rwhp & torque does the V6 have again??

pwhite05

Apr 25, 2005
Hi, does anyone have dyno numbers on a stock 2005 V6. I want to know so i can compare the changes with adding a dual exhaust, intake, and headers. Any one know if the JBA or MAC headers are any good? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

210 horsepower and 240 torque. That's at the crank, not rear wheel, which will vary depending on individual cars and whether you have a manual or automatic tranny.

Is it like a 10% drive train loss? If so that would put like 189hp & 216tq at rear wheels. 15% = 178.5hp 204tq. 20% = 168hp 192tq. I know it's one of those depending on drivetrain power loss.

actually i believe the standard is 18% (which is a mix between the manual and automatic). Its just how much they underrate the engine. 210hp with an 18% loss is 172 at the wheels. so if its 191 at the wheels, that equates to around 225 at the flywheel. Underated about 15hp.
the gt's ive seen put down 276 at the wheels stock, thats bout 325, so the gts are about 25hp underrated.

My matco tools guy use to work at a dyno plant for ford. He says the way they use to come up with the hp #'s was dyno numurous engines, take the one with the lowest hp and take about 10% off of that. He says each engine can vary 10% in power (10% of 300 is 30hp at the flywheel)

fazm83 said:
actually i believe the standard is 18% (which is a mix between the manual and automatic). Its just how much they underrate the engine. 210hp with an 18% loss is 172 at the wheels. so if its 191 at the wheels, that equates to around 225 at the flywheel. Underated about 15hp.
the gt's ive seen put down 276 at the wheels stock, thats bout 325, so the gts are about 25hp underrated.

My matco tools guy use to work at a dyno plant for ford. He says the way they use to come up with the hp #'s was dyno numurous engines, take the one with the lowest hp and take about 10% off of that. He says each engine can vary 10% in power (10% of 300 is 30hp at the flywheel)

Very intresting :nice:

Drivetrain loss is not a percentage! There is actually a formula to calculate how much power is lost in the various parts of the drivetrain. I don't have the formula for the 05 Mustang yet. These percentage numbers might get you close but they are not very accurate.

If those are the right numbers with just a SCT tune its pretty good. If you can get the exact tune and numbers that would be helpful because i was thinking about getting one of those SCT tuners. Also since your friends owns the shop, can you ask him how dual exhaust might affect performance.