How much would a built forged 347 be worth?

diablostang

Sep 21, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Sorry for a pricing thread.... I have to sell my car, and I just dumped $18,000 into it... I'll never get that much selling it in one peice, so I need to part out. Got in trouble with the law today, and I need to sell it. Really hurts, spent a year building a beast, and now I have to part it..

Here's what I've got on the engine:

68 302 block, bored .030 over
Scat Crank
Eagle H Beam rods
Ross Forged Aluminum pistons, flat top w/valve reliefs
CompCams cam, waiting on cam spec-card still
Hardened Pushrods
Crane Cams 1.6 Roller Rockers (Gold, Stud mount)
Trickflow Twisted Wedge Heads, Stage 1 bowl ported by Panhandle Performance in FL, with competition valvejob.
Canton 7 qt oilpan, w/ deep pickup
10.5:1 Compression Ratio
Fully Balanced/Blueprinted
Includes a billett Steel flywheel, balanced with the engine rotating assembly.

Approx 4,200 miles on the whole deal... What would be a reasonable asking price?

Thanks in advance.

img9301medium2jk1.jpg

img0376mediumqi6.jpg

Attachments

• img9301medium2jk1.jpg
    img9301medium2jk1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 79
  • img0376mediumqi6.jpg
    img0376mediumqi6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 79
  • Sponsors (?)

If there is nothing wrong with it..$2000 for the shortblock alone. What did you do if I mayask? What kind of trouble are you in? Were yo uspeeding at like 120mph or somethingand got caught?

Pokageek said:
If there is nothing wrong with it..$2000 for the shortblock alone. What did you do if I mayask? What kind of trouble are you in? Were yo uspeeding at like 120mph or somethingand got caught?

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Very strong engine. I'd try to sell it with heads first. The heads cost $1,400 from Panhandle Performance, and that was without the rockers etc.

My Dad said if I got in trouble with the car, he'd take it away.. Well, I got caught playin around, officer called my Dad, and I worked it out that I'd sell the car.. So here I am. :(

drakesdad said:
Them Wake Co boys catch ya..................man sorry to hear......dad wont take the keys for a couple of months?????? I imagine you tried everything not to sell that beast...

It was actually a Franklin Country that got me.. But yeah, same thing..

It's been one of those months that it feels like the whole world is coming down around your ears.. I think I'm gonna get outta the car hobby for a while. Do something else for a while.. I dunno. :(

yobi1kanobi said:
Hey DIABLO if you want PM me with a price for the car as a whole. I might know someone thats interested.
He said he needs to part it out so he can get more of his money back.

See if they are willing to pay a pretty penny. lol

And couldnt you make a deal? Maybe like community service every weekend for a few months or something? Exactly HOW bad was this encounter?

yobi1kanobi said:
Hey DIABLO if you want PM me with a price for the car as a whole. I might know someone thats interested.

PM'd you.

As far as the encounter, it probably sounds like nothing to yall. I had 2 options, Careless and Wreckless ticket (In which case my Dad said he would take my car away, and I'd be driving a Yugo) or 2nd, the officer would call Dad and have him take care of me. I was not ticketed, but long story short, It needs to go. I've gotten myself in too much trouble with the car, spent too much time and money on it.. I need to focus on finishing my school.

And as far as apartment, nobody would rent an apartment to a 17 yr old. :shrug: lol

diablostang said:
lol, that's ok. Sorry to hear the Humvee broke down, did they tow you home? or didya get it fixed?

Nah, I drove all the way to Fayettnam ... picked up another Vee & tow bar .... came back & hooked up .... and then towed it back to Charlotte, lol. 17.5 hours of driving was NOT fun.

Really sucks to hear you have to get rid of it. I'm sure you'll be back in the Stang world in no time, though.

SeventyMach1 said:
Nah, I drove all the way to Fayettnam ... picked up another Vee & tow bar .... came back & hooked up .... and then towed it back to Charlotte, lol. 17.5 hours of driving was NOT fun.

Really sucks to hear you have to get rid of it. I'm sure you'll be back in the Stang world in no time, though.

wow, sounds fun... notttt :mad:

Yeah, but life goes up and comes back down... Some lessons are best learned hard, eh? :rolleyes: