How paranoid are y'all about your Stang getting stolen?

• Sponsors (?)

Garage kept, video cams watching perimeter, and a gps locater just in case, oh yeah, a .45 don't hurt either! It's my first car I ever bought, had it 16 years now, and saving it for my oldest daughter in hopes to have her and a grandson earn it and keep it in the family. I'm very protective of it.

Oh yeah,90 mustang GT, great read ! Thanks :)

Yeah, I was in a bit of a mood earlier. My day off and nothing got done and some stupid kid with a prelude that forgot to install a muffler just put me in a hateful mood.

Some lowlife would take a car like chrisboss429's and take it out and trash it and just steal a few parts off of it so they could make a few bucks so they could buy another rock of meth... or however meth comes.

Nobody in my neighborhood messes with my property. I'm the crazy nut with all the guns, and I make it a point to be mysterious if I'm home or not.

It's not so much dollars as it is the time and passion we have into them.

I have so mich work and time into mine that I don't want it to be taken from me. I spent an entire summer pretty much on my back redoing the underside, suspension, brakes, AOD-to-t5 swap that every weekend was spent under the car. It even resulted in a minor trip to the emergency room. I have hours and hours of passionate work into it.

If some punk decided they wanted to take it for a ride and total it for a cheap thrill, I would be devastated. Insurance may pay me for the car, but it will never repay the time I invested in it.

Needless to say...if you mess with my car...I will hurt somebody :mad:

Amen! I have mine insured, but only to replace the stuff. I too have many hours tied up in it, I do all my own work.

I don't worry about it at home, most of the time there are 2 or 3 cars in front of the garage, no way to get around them. I am a bit paranoid when I am out, so I am selective where I park and I use a disabled tune when I park it so it will not start. I usually park where I can see it if I can.

Well my poor stang is burnt almost to a crisp, no radio, no A/C, no door locks, the paint is sealer, and I still stick the fuel relay in pocket when I walk away. There are guys around here that buy/steal perfectly good stangs and then part out/cut up just make a few bucks :nonono:. I mine clean 5k-6k mustangs, they just cut them up :(.

With the amount of hours Ive put in my car, and the fact that it and every part on it has been paid for by me as a 11-14 year old, it would be a devastating loss and the worry is always there. However, where I live I don't really have to worry, and its almost never alone for more than a hour since its currently on father son cruise duty (I don't have a license yet). Its always parked in a safe spot as well. It also has a battery cut off hidden under the seat and I pull the coil wire and take it with me :D. I cant imagine how you guys that actually drive something nice feel, my mustang is a beater and I'm always sweating about it.

Mine is locked up in the garage so I dont worry about but when out I know its always a screwdriver away from being stolen. My wife and I went to a local festival over the weekend down town (saw Skidrow) and after pulling in the parking garage, driving over a broken beer bottle and noticing insanely drunk people stammering around I said to myself "maybe I should have left the car home". The alternitive for me is driving one of my other vehicles on my dealer plates which is equally unsettling.

I used to leave my Tahoe and Mustang parked outside unlocked with the keys in them for years. Now we have worthless, punk ass, teenage, drug addicts living around here. They would walk down the road at night and walk up to every vehicle in the neighborhood and steal anything of value that wasn't attached. I lost my Ipod, change, even my $5 sunglasses! I'd love to smash one of them in the face with my baseball bat :mad:

Now everything's locked up and the Stang's in my locked garage.