Electrical How to Remove Convertible top Motor? Also where is a good place to send it to be rebuilt

1989FoxFan

Jan 19, 2020
Michigan
Hello, I am currently in the process of trying to restore a 1989 Mustang GT and I am wondering how to change the motor for the convertible top. I am also wondering if anybody on this forum knows a good place to send the motors to to have them repaired.

Best Regards,
1989FoxFan

• Sponsors(?)

Potomus Pete

Gretchen Whitmer is eating at me
Mar 7, 2019
Sarasota Florida
I would google new motor , and shop around @ $225,00 I dont know about rebuild unless you need seals. Seals sold online , but install is probably about the same as rebuild. You could do it yourself or call a top company

Potomus Pete

Mar 7, 2019
Sarasota Florida
Remove the back seat back . Screws in the lower corners , lift bottom edge. Its the hardest part.. There is a cover over it behind the seat. When you get the back seat out it will be right in front of you. The rebuild kit is $130.00 plus labor. You can buy a rebuild , but Im telling you, its too easy.

Potomus Pete

Mar 7, 2019
Sarasota Florida
You have to pull up the bottom corners of the seat back.Then lift strait up The bottom of the seat pulls out . Then you can clean thirty years of road grime. Little screws around the vinyl cover