How to remove rear side panels in interior?

O.D. Showtime

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2002
Just wondering if anyone knew how to remove the side panels on a 94-04 Mustang. I'm talking about the two large panels below the quarter windows and parellel with the bottom of the rear seat. My car is a coupe, btw. Also, I already have the rear seat and rear seat headrest taken out. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmm, I didnt know these cars had rear head rests? Anyway, here goes.

Remove the rear Seat. Pull off the pivot point cover on the seat belt and remove the bolt, this requires a torx bit(I believe 22) then pull the tab in the middle of the coat hanger down and remove the screw. Now grasp the upper panel and pull it straight off. Once it is off remove all the pull tabs holding the bottom panel in place( Should be one on top and three beneath the carpet cover where the side of the rear seat meets the panel. With the rear seat folded down go to the door jam area of the panel near the top and pull towards the fire wall. After that the panel should be free and you can remove it.

PS - those pull tabs can be a real PITA. I used a golf divot fixer to remove them, but it in the process. My advice, get an actual remover from the auto parts store. Hope this helps.