How to route belt with manual rack???

CobraStang95

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
New Jersey
just put in my flaming river manual rack and pinion tonight and cannot figure out how to route the belt with no smog pump, a/c, or power steering..?? i have a bracket that i think is for the tensionor that came with the ford racing a/c eliminator kit i bought but im not sure how to set it up. any help is appreciated!! :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

On my 302, I bought a forward rotation water pump from an 83 tbird 302. Then its a single circle around the outside of crank, water pump, alternator with tensioner pushing down on it.

Most folks with MS end up going with the forward roation water pump to make belt routing happen. The pulley holes are slightly more inward on the tbird pump so you will need eye out your pulley bolt holes.

Hope that helps!

Pete

It can be a b1t%H.

I ended up making an idler pulley bracket that goes where the ps pump goes in a non ac location and putting a pulley there. A threaded rod goes to the head so it can be adjusted to run true.

The March eliminator is the easiest way to do it. It does require some of the original brackets. It would look better than my setup.

Next is a standard rotation waterpump.

Yeah but guys..... the fwd rotation water pump is sold by napa for like $18.

Plus you dont have idler pullies or anything added to the system. Double plus is that you now have a very short belt. FRWP is the way to go.