How to?

• Sponsors (?)

ForeverFord said:
Just picked up my new stang 05 v6 auto. noticed no tranny dip stick. Do everything myself. How do you check the fluid? Plug on tranny, check it like a manual or what?

I'm pretty sure that's covered in the owner's manual.

ForeverFord said:
I looked and it just said Have a certified tech check it.

Welcome to the wonderful world of a sealed AOD. :( Yep. No visual check capability. LAME! It is one of the ONLY items, along with the drive-by-wire technology on the new Stang that has disappointed me. The 5R55W has been used in the Lincoln LS, Jaguar Type-S and Explorer. I am not a fan of bits of metal burrs from the planetary gears floating in my tranny Fluid, so I will have mine flushed and refilled at around 30,000 miles regardless of what the Owners manual said.

Last month's MM&FF had a nice snippit on the Drive-by-wire. If you want a more technical response, just yell, I am sure I can dig it out and find the article for ya'.

Jennifer

ForeverFord said:
YELL! Will an after market throttle body help get rid of the drive by wire. It sure made my 04 svt focus more responsive.

DBW 101: Drive-by-wire technology eliminates the throttle cable and an electric motor controls the throttle blade on the throttle body. The electric motor receives commands from the computer(s), which senses the gas petal position. Ford has restricted throttle response at WOT by programming commands (algorithms) in the computer to pull the throttle blade back when the accelerator is slammed down aggressively.....

So, in answer to your question above, Nope. after market throttle body will not bypass the DBW. Only a flash and retune.

FYI... They (Ford Engineering) have also included a torque load sensor. This little fun stealer. In a nutshell the TLS calcs an increase in power and effectively negates the gains from aftermarket products.

For a full understanding or this new modular 3V engine we can look at the installation of a CAI. When you install an aftermarket product that should affectively increase airflow, the TLS recalcs the Air-to-Fuel ratios and affectively negates the add-on by negating the power increase.

Ode' to the modulated engine. Gone are the days of the carburetor and a fast idle screw... LOL....

The ONLY conceivable way around the DBW and TLS is a flash and retune. At this time, I would still highly recommend a professional sport tuning shop that knows what they are doing and has worked with DiabloSport and SCT to improve the programming and coding of the new EEC-V and integrated modulated system.

Hope this helps......

Jennifer

tylers65 said:
Actually, the Lincoln uses the 5R55S

Same shell, different guts.

Either way, jenns is right.

:rolleyes: Ty...try this one... I told you that thing freaks me out!

pro55esc.jpg

~J~

Attachments

• pro55esc.jpg
    pro55esc.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 122
afixer said:
jen i still love you ! my wife of 21 years is jealous LOL

Hahahahaha... Oh come on now! Tell you sweet and beautiful wife to not be jealous. It all seems so cute and innocent at first. Just tell her that there is no way that most men could hang with the likes of me for 21 years. Which is actually unfortunate. I am not high maintenance, I am more like an AMG CLS55 Mercedes Benz - Real expensive to get into, but once you are in...it' one hell of a nice ride.... OOoooooooo hahahahahahahaha..... :p

Okay we just went WAY :OT: ......

Hey...afixer, BTW.. has your buddy at Ford came across any TSB on a driveshaft balance issue on the verts? blk05vert is having some issues with his and I was just wondering if your buddy has anything on Oasis or Alldata TSBs for a virbation issue at 60-70mph, but it could be lower if the odometer was recalibrated. Can you be a nice man and check?

Jenn

this was up on the PTS board
Technical Service Bulletins
2005 MUSTANG - US (English)

05-10-19
INTERMITTENT CD PLAYER CONCERNS - AUDIO UNIT PROGRAMMABLE MODULE INSTALLATION (PMI) REQUIREMENTS
05-9-18
DISCHARGED BATTERY - CHARGING SERVICE TIPS
05-9-15
MIL AND ETC LAMPS ON WITH BOTH DTC P2106 AND P2135 - VEHICLES BUILT 11/29/2004 AND PRIOR
05-9-14
CONVERTIBLE TOP RAISE/LOWER INSTRUCTIONS
05-9-11
FRONT SUSPENSION POPPING NOISE WHILE TURNING RIGHT OR LEFT - VEHICLES BUILT BEFORE 4/8/2005
05-9-3
INTERIOR PLASTIC TRIM - PAINT-TO-MATCH AND REPAIR - INTERIOR SPRAY PAINT AND ADHESION PROMOTER USAGE INSTRUCTIONS
05-8-8
GROWL/GRINDING NOISE IN 2ND OR 3RD GEAR DURING DECELERATION - TR3650 MANUAL TRANSMISSION - VEHICLES BUILT BEFORE 1/15/2005
05-8-6
EXHAUST VIBRATION AT 850 RPM - 4.0L ENGINE AND AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
05-7-3
AXLE WHINE - VEHICLES BUILT THROUGH 11/15/2004
05-6-15
AIR BAG WARNING LAMP ON - DTC B1891 IN RESTRAINTS CONTROL MODULE OR LAMP FLASHES CODE 53 - VEHICLES BUILT BEFORE 10/02/2004
05-4-8
FUEL FILL SLOW, OR DIFFICULT TO FILL
05-3-1
MAF DIAGNOSTIC SERVICE TIP - VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH EGR SYSTEM MODULE (ESM)
04-26-22
MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) ILLUMINATED WITH MULTIPLE DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTCS) P035X AND NO DRIVEABILITY SYMPTOMS - 4.6L 3V ENGINE
04-26-16
WELD BONDING PROCEDURE
04-24-20
LIMITED SLIP AXLE CHATTER, SHUDDER, BINDING SENSATION, OR VIBRATION DURING LOW SPEED TURNING MANEUVERS
04-24-14
GENERAL PCM PROGRAMMING PROCEDURES
04-24-5
REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER GRID/INTEGRAL ANTENNA DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR - TERMINAL TAB REPAIR
04-16-1
ENGINE MISFIRE OR ROUGH RUNNING - COIL ON PLUG (COP) IGNITION SYSTEMS - WDS COP KIT DIAGNOSTIC TIPS
04-14-7
SERVICE WIRING HARNESS REPLACEMENT GUIDELINES - SERVICE TIPS
04-9-6
BODY - PAINT - IRON PARTICLE REMOVAL - INDUSTRIAL FALLOUT - ACID RAIN NEUTRALIZATION

© Copyright 2002-2005 Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved Privacy • Contact Us

afixer said:
so i just checked oassis for v6 and gt vin if he gives me his vin all add him to my list and check didnt see anything new

Hmmm.. okay.... I will PM him and let him know to get ahold of you. Thanks again for the help.... LOL...

Just let me know if you ever want to swap engineering talk.... BTW, they have a couple great articles in July and August's MM&FF on the Superchargers for the GTs - Procharger and Kenne Bell. I am surprised that the 3V is handling the top-end boost since it has a stainless steel top ring on the piston. Would not be my first choice. We will see where the max tolerance HP band is before we see one of the seals blow. :(

Have a good evening and thanks again!

Jenn

afixer said:
cool no prob
and i love it when you talk that way LOL

sorry i couldnt find anything ill keep checking

Well who would have thought tech talk could be seductive... :rolleyes:

No worries about the negative TSBs. I PMd blk05vert and advised him to send you his VIN so you could run the pre-delivery items as well. God knows a transport drop would be just beautiful..... Oooppppssss, there goes a black 05 vert off the end of the semi.... Jacked up driveshaft and suspension......

I need rest... I have all kinds of fun Software debugging and beta testing to do tomorrow... Weeee... lucky me....

Talk to you later and thanks again!

Jenn