HP and Times for a 95 GT

Ok heres the deal, well I had an accident and totaled my car. Well my brother has a yellow 95 gt convertible 5-speed (converted from an auto), well we were talking about maybe I would take over his payments, and he would get a newer cobra. Well, I'm just wondering what his car would put out and what it would run in the quarter, he has an GT-40 lower and Explorer upper intake, BBK CAI, BBK shortys, o/r h-pipe, flowmaster dumps, timing advanced to 14, I think thats it o he also has a steeda tri-ax, and a 140 amp alternator. Well let me know how you would think it would perform.

Tyler

• Sponsors (?)

Add pulleys to it and it should run low 14's at around 97-98mph on street tires, or high 13's on drag radials. I ran 13.83 at 98.55mph with almost identicle mods in my 5 speed 'vert, but I had pulleys, homemade CAI, and nitto dr's.

Mine ran 15.2 at 90mph stock.
With 3.73's, offroad X pipe, 14* timing, and flowmasters I ran 14.96 at 91.5

With ASP pulleys I ran 14.6 at 94.89mph

With an edelbrock intake, 65mm t-body, and shorty headers I ran 14.3 at 97.2mph

With nitto's and a homemade CAI I ran 13.83 at 98.55mph.

3.73's will make the most difference in the car. MAF and TB would get you about a 1/10 each but you dont want to get too big of a TB. 65mm on a N/A setup, 70mm on a blower setup will do just fine. I'm probably going to be going with a Pro-M 80mm MAF once I get enough money saved up.

As for the explorer upper, I would keep it. It should flow about the same as the GT-40 if I'm not mistaken. RIO just got his explorer intake done over by tomoss so maybe he'll come in and let you know how his is working out for him and how well it performs. Other good intakes to get are Trick Flow and Edelbrock if you decide to change the whole intake.

Firstone said:
Does anyone know what the stock gearing the rear end has?

3.08 = Z under axle code on the door sticker.
2.73 = ?

Can't remember the 2.73 code. The axle code is 2 digits, and I think the second digit is the rear end code. So if you see a Z, 3.08, if you dont, 2.73.

Get some 3.73's and a short shifter!!!!! That would rock the car!
Scott

Look on your differential cover... there should be a little plate on the right side held on by one of the bolts that will tell you what gearing is in your car... at least my car had that little plate on it.

SmokinGT50 said:
Firstone,
I wouldn't base anything on Killer's experience, his track seems to be below sea level and down hill. :)

Ha ha:rlaugh:... sad thing is that people have actually used that as excuses for my times before, meanwhile my track is 1250' above sea level. I did run my best times at Cecil which is lower elevation than my home track of PRP where I ran the times I listed above. Had I run my car at cecil with the above mentioned mods I would have probably gone 13.7 at 99-100mph just due to the elevation.

I'd leave the explorer intake on there for now as it flows plenty for what the car has.