Hummm ... Here ... or that ... Other Site

final5-0

Mustang Master
Apr 6, 2003
DFW Texas
Well

I just posted something on that ... other site :shrug:

I haven't done that for a while now :shrug:

I just blew past 5K post count here a few days ago :)

Over on that ... other site ... I noticed my count was not even 800 :rlaugh:

Hummmmmm ... if one thinks about that for a while :scratch:

One could arrive at M A N Y different kinds of conclusions :D

Grady

• Sponsors (?)

I have some conclusions that are right in line with what you might be thinking Mr Grady. I best keep them to myself however. :p

The fact that you have so many posts here vs there just reinforces why this subforum is so great. We have Herr Grady!

I joined that other site some time ago.............to look at the classifieds.......I don't think I have a single post...

Ding. Me too. Same .. deal.

"that site has a wealth of information though,..hopping la club.."

Lot of knowledge yes. Hmm...Someone here described it to me of more like a prison yard, hell, mean street and **** fight..I don't remember the guys handle though. It's defiitely Wild west shootout style and you better go in wearing your guns..or armor at least.

The problem I find with the other place is that people will authoritatively post completely incorrect info (speaking about the 94-95 section). If someone didn't know better, they'd assume the bad info to be correct since the guy posting was so sure of himself.

I personally don't feel the 94-95 Tech there can hold a candle to the Tech over here. Add to that the exceptionally cordial and respectful folks over here, and the fact that we all joke around with eachother so much, and it's a no brainer in my book. It's a blast to post here - it's no fun to post elsewhere.

Just MHO.

the gas mileage difference between 3.73s and 4.10s will be DRAMATICALLY different. It's because you're cruising at a higher RPM. It's probably good for about a 5 mpg difference. Also, you'll hate driving your car. I know this because my friend with 4.10s said it.

;P

stuff like that JT?

the gas mileage difference between 3.73s and 4.10s will be DRAMATICALLY different. It's because you're cruising at a higher RPM. It's probably good for about a 5 mpg difference. Also, you'll hate driving your car. I know this because my friend with 4.10s said it.

;P

stuff like that JT?

You got it Clay.

Even the factual posts can just simply be incorrect. But they're said with such certainty. :rolleyes:

The problem I find with the other place is that people will authoritatively post completely incorrect info (speaking about the 94-95 section). If someone didn't know better, they'd assume the bad info to be correct since the guy posting was so sure of himself.

I personally don't feel the 94-95 Tech there can hold a candle to the Tech over here. Add to that the exceptionally cordial and respectful folks over here, and the fact that we all joke around with eachother so much, and it's a no brainer in my book. It's a blast to post here - it's no fun to post elsewhere.

Just MHO.

Yes ... Good, Factual, knowledge can be found over there :)

But just like JT said ... its like if someone isn't sure ... they won't say it

Now over here ... You see words or phrases like .........
IIRC .....
I'm not sure but I heard ...........
I've seen some say .........
I'm just passing this on ..........
etc

And it boils down to this ... We're trying to help others :nice:

The motivation to present oneself as some kind of Stang Guru is for
the most part ... not seen over here.

On a regular basis ............. You see a really green noob to this hobby
ask a very basic Q over here. They usually get an answer with not
much flack :)

This place has grown a ton over the past year or two ...........
There is a reason ;)

Over there ... You can see them get raked over the hot coals if a
noob does something similar :(

As for the quality of 94-95 tech ... I don't see it any better over there :nono:

Hey ... Its True ... You go to a place like this for Tech :Word:
but
We got a place to talk and bs as well :D

However ... No matter which forum you find yourself in ............
You have no fear of being belittled or treated negatively :nice:

I believe this says a lot about the differences :)

A mod over there had a quote in his sig along these lines .......

This place goes on day after day ... with ... or ... without you

Grady

For me the "other" national site is more of a "hardcore" nature. I mostly just READ that site though as some stuff gets fairly in depth...I get the feeling I would just be the guy saying "yeah" or come off like a broken record 90% of the time.

I actually had to think for a second about the other site...I totaly forgot its name. I dont think I have been on there in 3+ years. To me it always seemed like many of the questions got asked over here by the same person.

vp6799 - Starts with the third letter in the alphabet...:)

The other site is very full of errogance...and 'do a search' posts...

Ooooohhh ok. Now I remember the place. When I sign in over there, I feel like i'm in the middle of the ghetto with all the fighting going on...:rlaugh:

I don't think I have a single post there. Signed up about a year or so ago and never posted, just looked through the classifieds. The "my friend told me this" comments is what drew me away.

Although, I bet you can find someone there that can tell you where to find the flux capaciter in you stang. Or that a left handed screw driver works better and faster than a right handed one.:rlaugh: