Huntington Beach Concours d'Elegance

Head Paneer

Founding Member
Nov 7, 2001
Surf City, CA
For the third year, the Southwest region of the Saleen Club of America will be participating the 21st Annual Huntington Beach Concours d’Elegance in Southern California. I am posting some information here because the featured domestic marque is the Ford Mustang. So if you have a fine example to show or you just want to check out some great Mustangs, then check out this event.

In addition, the featured import marque this year is Ferrari.

For more information, visit the HB Concourse site at www.hbconcours.org. There, you can download entries.

Here are some faqs about the show.

• The show is held in HB’s Central Park, adjacent to the public library.
  • Concours proceeds benefit the Children's Library.
  • If you appreciate Porsches, expect to see over 150 examples as this is a major event for the So. Cal. Chapter of the Porsche Club of America.
  • If you like Corvettes, the local chapter of their national club will have over 50 cars there.
  • This is a judged event, not a peoples choice, “Oh, that’s a pretty color car”, sort of show. So all those little details you painstakingly did to your car will be acknowledged.
  • There are eleven Mustang classes and each has a “Concours” and “Street/Race Driven” category.
  • Show participants receive nice goodie bags and better than average participation plaques.

Here are some pics from one of the last shows.

group1.jpg

racecar8.JPG

Overview04.JPG

Enzo05.JPG

Porsche11.JPG

If you would like to see photos from last year’s event, go to http://www.saleenclubofamerica.com/ . Look at the “Event Image Gallery” under “2005 Event Images”.

Sorry about the short notice but the entry deadline is Friday, the 26th of May. I believe the price for adult spectators is $10 and children are free. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

• Sponsors (?)