Hydraulic Clutch Setup

bennettracing

Founding Member
Aug 26, 2002
Ava, MO
Hey guys, I tried searching the forums, and only got posts from guys who were TRYING to set up a hydraulic clutch. Anybody got one to work, or know where to find a kit?

I'm working on a 90 vert with an 84 302 and an 86 T-5. My headers aren't exactly allowing clearance for my clutch cable...it's a good thing headers look and work good, because if they didn't, I don't know why anyone would ever want to work around 'em!

-KB

• Sponsors (?)

If it takes the liquid launch to salvage a good set of headers, then start bleeding. I can only tell you from experience. Cable to foot to plate is you have feel from the instant you fell the plate move the car.
With liquid, you have a pulse that floats and your fell is more a refined foot. I can't nail down a liquid clutch pedal, is sorry. But if that pipe out rides my foot... I will learn the liquid leverage. (Piece of shhhhhiiiiit is like cable pull is you are gonna have a very nice smooth liquid feel to it. But if just running around town, you come up against a cable guy is you are gonna lose the hole-shot is bet me). :nice: :notnice: :shrug: I just do not know what to tell ya is a clutch is a clutch be it liquid or cable/rod, whatever, is good luck dare is, "Get Ear Dun."

87-88 t-bird pedal setup is what you want. You'll need the pedal and master cyl setup.

On the t-5, you'll need one of the slave kits designed for the classic mustang guys. It's the right size for th t-bird as it's a common bore. I forget the manufacturer though, but it's like $200 for the slave.

It's been done, not a whole lot of people do it though. I myself want to do it because of a bad left knee.

And i have no idea what the person above me just wrote

I have seen something in one of the Stang Rags but it looks like more of a PITA than anything else. The ones I saw has something that rides on the bearing retainer. There wasnt a fork per say it was more of a deivce that sat on the clutch plate's fingers and when you pressed the clutch in it pushed out this piston like the caliper in a brake

If it takes the liquid launch to salvage a good set of headers, then start bleeding. I can only tell you from experience. Cable to foot to plate is you have feel from the instant you fell the plate move the car.
With liquid, you have a pulse that floats and your fell is more a refined foot. I can't nail down a liquid clutch pedal, is sorry. But if that pipe out rides my foot... I will learn the liquid leverage. (Piece of shhhhhiiiiit is like cable pull is you are gonna have a very nice smooth liquid feel to it. But if just running around town, you come up against a cable guy is you are gonna lose the hole-shot is bet me). :nice: :notnice: :shrug: I just do not know what to tell ya is a clutch is a clutch be it liquid or cable/rod, whatever, is good luck dare is, "Get Ear Dun."
Ryan???