I have to be the record holder for this...

SilverBullet00

Jul 5, 2004
Wichita, KS
My 3rd Bosch wideband sensor since November just crapped out on me!!!!! I am so pissed!

The first two, I THOUGHT, were because my intercooler piping came apart, and now I'm not so sure... The car was on jackstands all last week waiting on the parts from superchargersonline, and prior to that it was fine. Today its 68* so I decided to drive the car hard for the first time after the new parts...

The only thing I change was capping off the PCV port on the plenum and running a hose pointed to the ground from the PCV valve.. Surely that wouldnt have any effect??

She drops down to 11.2 and then pegs the meter. WTF is going on?! Are these not meant for daily drivers? Its fine at idle and cruising, it just gives me the middle finger when I hit the gas.. I need to find out what I am doing wrong before I just throw the thing out the window and not have one!!!

Any help/advice would be awesome!!!!
:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Is it pegging rich or lean? and does the drivability change when it happens? How long have you had the controller? If they are going bad that fast I would suspect a problem with the controller causing it. Otherwise you may have an intermitten fuel problem that just seems to go away for a short period of time. Like I said, I've got 3+ years on mine and over 40k miles so longevity isn't an issue with the sensors.

maybe I should try a different unit then, I have only had this one since Nov. its pegging LEAN.. Its an AEM UEGO gauge- what do you run?

Drivability is unchanged. I dont loose fuel pressure or anything like that.. I have the cobra tank and pumps that have worked great so far. I use to run with just the SVT pump and I had the same problem.

I put mine in the rear bung of the X pipe on my cobra...works fine.

Totally sucks man :( Make sure the gain and adjust ratios are accurate....the voltage its outputting could change as the sensor ages and then maybe it goes beyond the limit of teh controler and it freaks out. I would try pulling the sensor out and turning the car to ON for about 3 minutes and CAREFULLY see if the sensor gets hot. You may just need to let it set there and burn off any buildup on the sensor...could be placed in a location thats too cool, or maybe your wiring (power) isnt good enough and the sensor isnt getting enough power to stay HOT like it needs to. then over time it builds up and when you go WOT it just freaks out and reads lean.

For power its hooked up the the ignition power under the steering wheel. There is no calibration on this unit, its all plug and play. I too, have it plugged into the rear of my X pipe.

You can see the thing starts to go down into the 11's, but then freaks out and goes all the way lean.. TOTALLY frustrating.

I think its time for a new brand gauge, no one else seems to have this problem. I have the dumbest problems with things!

I might get one like your Cody, but get the wideband kit that actually comes with the gauge... with the boost module as well :) I really hate to spend money on this car, I am so close to paying it off!!!

oohhh I was thinking the aeroforce had its own wideband module.. I guess I was thinking of the PLX.

I have also been wondering about the FAST wideband kit... Although, it couldnt be mounted as neat as a 2 1/6" gauge...

You might want to check out the newer PLX products. They have gone to a mudular system that makes it easy to expand features easily to not only display a/f, but most of the obdii parameters like fuel pressure, load, act. They also have an accelerometer (sp) module to log track times and estimated hp.

http://www.plxdevices.com