I just noticed this...

• Sponsors (?)

BigDonL said:
I found it kind of odd that it does not say "Mustang" anywhere on the GT. Unless I missed it.

I think you've missed it ....

ec66cb7c.jpg

I'm glad Ford stopped putting "MUSTANG" on the bumper of the car. Everyone can recognize what you're driving even if they are not into cars...

I hated waxing the indented letters.... Err....

I hate the Mustang lettering on my bumper and the Ford emblem on the trunk on my '01.

I took all of the Ford/Mustang lettering trim off of my '66.

I also hate when people put giant lettering across their windshield. They do it on every kind of car or truck. Nobody cares what kind of car it is, and if they did, they could just read the other 5 nameplates on your car.

No wait, we have an emblem in the grille, let's put another one just like it below it on the front bumper. Add 2 more around the rear license plate to go with the other 2 back there. It looks awesome. :nonono:

Penguin said:
I hate the Mustang lettering on my bumper and the Ford emblem on the trunk on my '01.

I took all of the Ford/Mustang lettering trim off of my '66.

I also hate when people put giant lettering across their windshield. They do it on every kind of car or truck. Nobody cares what kind of car it is, and if they did, they could just read the other 5 nameplates on your car.

No wait, we have an emblem in the grille, let's put another one just like it below it on the front bumper. Add 2 more around the rear license plate to go with the other 2 back there. It looks awesome. :nonono:

The last part there I was beginning to think he was talking about the late 80's-90's Camaros...

Just like the...

recent T-Bird.....No badges are needed...It's a sub-brand within the FORD brand.

I too am glad that no badges are present.

If you don't recognize it, then you just "don't get it". And if you "don't get it", then.....

The exterior doesn't say Ford anywhere either. Except for a few of the wheel centercaps and etchings in the glass (which btw, there is a pony etched into the windshield... there's another pony)

I have 7 ponies in/on my car. The 4 wheel center caps, the windshield(totaly forgot about that...thanks DarkFireGT), the steering wheel center and my tattoo.
That is plenty of ponies for me. And with my current project why I got rid of the factory GT fender emblems. I don't need GT twice on each side only about 2 feet apart.

I just remembered. It does say ford on the rear emblem, but it's not the traditional Ford emblem like has been on the cars for the last 20 years, and if you're just looking over the car, you don't notice it.