I may sound stupid, but I cant figure out the heater hoses in Hi miler kit......

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Anyone bought the goodyear high miler hose kit (blue) for their car? I know the heater hoses have to be trimmed but I cant figure out which ones go where on the hoses that go to the heater core, if i do get them to where they are on they have ****ty bends in them, anyone else have this prob? Other than that the other hoses are fine

• Sponsors (?)

One on the hoses is a larger diameter, they can only go on on way. Remember to re-install the flow restrictor in the one hose. (You need to cut it out of the old stock hose).

You want the hoses to be trimmed so they are free of any hard bends that will restrict flow.

I know one of them is larger, but they are not even bent like my old ones that came from my car, i'll mess with em this weekend when ive got more time to look at em :bang:

When I bought the Hi-Miler kit a few years ago it only came with the 2 molded hoses for the bypass at the waterpump, the water pump to heater tube, and the upper and lower rad hose. It didn't come with the molded hoses for the heater core to pipe. It came with straight hose for that area...

If that is the case, you can get the 2 molded hoses you need at the local parts store, one is $8 the other around $12.

Rick 91GT said:
When I bought the Hi-Miler kit a few years ago it only came with the 2 molded hoses for the bypass at the waterpump, the water pump to heater tube, and the upper and lower rad hose. It didn't come with the molded hoses for the heater core to pipe. It came with straight hose for that area...

If that is the case, you can get the 2 molded hoses you need at the local parts store, one is $8 the other around $12.
Same here.

don't mean to jack a thread, but since we're talking about heat, does any body know where to get the foam pad that sits inside the firewall, around the 2 outlets on the heater core?

Strange kit..

1993SSP said:
Anyone bought the goodyear high miler hose kit (blue) for their car? I know the heater hoses have to be trimmed but I cant figure out which ones go where on the hoses that go to the heater core, if i do get them to where they are on they have ****ty bends in them, anyone else have this prob? Other than that the other hoses are fine
..yepp, its not easy. I had to reuse my old heater core
hoses. Could not find a way to install them all, not
in my HO Mustang..?? I was frustrated, and me and a friend had a good smile :p , and then I reused the old 2 hoses.. :shrug: