Electrical I need a new engine wiring harness. Recommendations please.

evintho

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Nov 12, 2003
Santa Rosa, CA.
OK, the snowflakes are a bit much. Pretty distracting!

With that being said.......I need to replace the entire ECU wiring harness. '93 5.0. The 30 year old original just isn't cutting it! I need to replace virtually every wire and connector off the 60 pin connector. Painless is quality and I found this over at Summit but it just doesn't look like everything is there. For instance, I don't see any connectors for the two 10 pin connectors, and those are crucial. I don't need any EGR or TAD/TAB connectors as those components have been deleted. Also, I believe the O2 harness is separate.
Is this what I need? What about a 10 pin harness?? Any help is appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

Nope. I had two brand new Motorsport harnesses that were based off the 93 cars and the only thing they lack are the air bag wiring which is easy to swap in. I sold one and am keeping the other one for my Coupe. They pop up from time to time on eBay and what you are looking for is the Ford Motorsport M-12071-C302 wiring harness.

That is the one. Unless you are dead set on using the factory 60 pin connector for a processor that plugs directly into it then you may want to look at the Pro-M setup as they can wire the harness that comes with it to plug into your year of car. I believe there is a company that does this with the Holley Terminator X as well.

Reactions: 1 user
OK, the snowflakes are a bit much. Pretty distracting!

With that being said.......I need to replace the entire ECU wiring harness. '93 5.0. The 30 year old original just isn't cutting it! I need to replace virtually every wire and connector off the 60 pin connector. Painless is quality and I found this over at Summit but it just doesn't look like everything is there. For instance, I don't see any connectors for the two 10 pin connectors, and those are crucial. I don't need any EGR or TAD/TAB connectors as those components have been deleted. Also, I believe the O2 harness is separate.
Is this what I need? What about a 10 pin harness?? Any help is appreciated!
That harness is what you need. I've done two of these in the past and are working fine. You eliminate all the stock Ford crap, so unless your going to change the ECU, it'll work. Going with another type EFI system will cost you a lot more.

Just bringing this back from 4 months ago.
UPDATE:
I installed the Painless harness from Summit and all is right in the world! The car starts immediately, idles perfectly and runs smoothly. That 30 year old harness was definitely the problem! The Painless harness does away with the salt & pepper shakers, TAB & TAD connections and a few other unnecessary wires. It does retain the EGR connections though. It includes a new injector harness also. The only piece I had to reuse was the O2 harness. All in all, I'm very satisfied!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users