I need new muffler bearings

What is the temp rating on delrin? 600ish with a operating temp of 500 i think? I dunno how hot the exhaust gets there. Maybe you can machine something out of that. It's self lubing! I absolutely love the stuff.
Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

On the Saleen, it bypasses the mufflers that are behind the axle. Vacuum operated - so at light throttle, cruise, idle - it's closed. Kick it and kill the vacuum -- and it opens up. They've had some problems with the valves 'rattling' under certain circumstances -- not pleasant in a $40K car.

Michael Yount said:
"I didn't know the 3000GT had such a feature."

That was the point of my post -- turns out he knows exactly what he's talking about, and the folks making fun are the ones that don't have a clue. Look up the word IRONY. ;)

the Turbo Stealth's have it too. My buddie's dad's car has the same thing. Too bad they're fat, heavy, slow cars...

Michael Yount said:

That was the point of my post -- turns out he knows exactly what he's talking about, and the folks making fun are the ones that don't have a clue. Look up the word IRONY. ;)

True but we've all heard the saying that makes this seem like an instant joke. :)

Michael Yount said:

have to agrree with you on that one.. and on a second note.. those cut outs.. have been know to go bad.. stupid half a$$ed design.. thrown in there just before production.. from what i was told from one of my import buddies..

and on another note.. those goofy electric cutouts are favs with a "GOOD":nonono: buddies with the f-bodies.. :SNSign:

huRACEmentPSR said:
wait...my buddy just got some carbon fiber piston return springs for his 92 civic street car that runs 7's in the 1/4...anyone know where i can get me sum of dem?

Autozone, isle 3, next to the Jesse James button up shirts and the LED headlight fluid.

Michael Yount said:

Thats what I was thinking. Thanksfully you replied first bc I didnt know the exact facts with the system they use. I was under the impression it went from single exhaust to dual exhaust under certain conditions.