I NEED SOME HELP! NEWBIE ALERT!!

BigPimpinRacing

Apr 13, 2004
Illinois
Hi guys, I've read many posts on here and you all seem to be prety helpful and know about these engines! I have another car with a 5.0 but these little 2.3L's are hard to find parts for! Ok so heres the shakedown... Ive got a Stock 1991 2.3L Notch and so far all thats done to it is Ive ripped out the AC and the condenser. But I ave many more plans, I'd like to do the following: Bigger cam, Intercooled Ram air, Header, Cutsom Exhaust/Cutouts, and other Various performance pats. But here is my proble I HAVE NO CLUSE WHERE AND WHAT PARTS TO GET! So if i could have some suggestions on where I can find a good header and can and i think i got the rest covered! thanks guys!!!! :D

• Sponsors (?)

As has been said many times. Paceseter makes a logtube header, or you can get one off a ranger of some spread of years (look in the tech articles) Cams you can get from Racer Walsh, once again look in the tech articles for details. There flat aren't many aftermarket parts for the 2.3 that aren't pure race dirt track oriented. Intecooled ram air? WTF is that? Didn't someone mention that not to long ago and get pretty much shot down on all his claims of it being anything but stupid? I don't think you've realy been reading or you'd know all this already. All engines are the same and the things that make them powerful are universal, the only specifics you need are what is limiting HP. In this case, the head flows like crap, the engine managment is questionible, and the engine is to small. Port the head and make sure all the other plumbing flows adequately, the head being the most restrictive part needs to be adressed frst. Engine managment is expensive, the most creative I've seen is Bhuff's setup (but you read about that already right :rolleyes: ). As far as displacement, the engine can't physicly get much bigger, so you just gotta cram all the air you can into it. I'll let you guess how to do that.