I need to Understand this...

BREDn07

Mar 30, 2007
Fresno, Ca
when to the track yesterday...made 3 runs!
1st run 13.5@106mph R/T .359 60Ft. 2.1
3rd run: against another mustang!
my time: His time:
R/T- .129 .553
60- 2.21 2.11
1/4- 13.72 13.43
mph- 104.83 103.81

i cross the line first..and my time is slower!
so how does the "R/T doesn't affect E/T" come into play based on these numbers! I shallow staged on all 3 runs...red light the 3rd though...

based on the 1st run i was better off asleep at the tree...i need help understanding this....

Thanks guys!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

The clock doesn't start until you break the beam that gives you your RT. If you went against a 9-second car or something like that, they could give you an 8 second head start (aka 8 second reaction time) turn around and still run a 9 second quarter mile.

The clock doesn't start until you break the beam that gives you your RT. If you went against a 9-second car or something like that, they could give you an 8 second head start (aka 8 second reaction time) turn around and still run a 9 second quarter mile.

So with that said! why bother trying to hit a perfect tree, when we can sit there and eat a full course meal, then launch! i think i'm understang this now..it took me .3 slower to get there before him even though i cross the finish line first...he was smashing but ran out of room..

Every 10th off your 60' takes away approximately 1 10th off your ET. He had a better launch, but you're probably shifting better. He's shifting too early it looks like. Aimee's dad trapped 103MPH when he ran 13.32 in her car the other day, yet I trapped 106MPH with my 13.49. If you look at your times, the difference between the 1st and 3rd run is the 60'.

R/T only matters in bracket racing and heads up racing. If you're just looking to get the best ET, R/T doesn't mean anything.

In bracket racing, you dial in your time, and have to come as close as possible to that time without going faster. They set up a delay between you and your opponent, so that if you both hit your dial in right on the dot, you'd both be crossing the finish line at the same time. Whoever crosses first, without beating their dial in, wins. So R/T definitely matters for that type of racing. But if you're just having fun and want to get a good time, R/T means nothing.