i rode in my friends 02 GT...

You guys in the s197s might have more HP stock but we sn95 guys are lighter. I know with my mods I could beat a stock s197. My buddy bought a 05 this year and it does seem fast but not as fast as my 01 GT. Once you guys start putting mods on your cars like gears and a tune then you got us. If we are comparing stock for stock then the S197 should be faster with the extra 40hp.

• Sponsors (?)

With your mods I'd hope you'd be faster. CAI, lower gears, UDP's, TB, Tune, high-flow cats... I had an '03GT with CAI and off-road pipe and I know my S197 was faster stock. As stated, I drove off the showroom floor with the '05 and beat a lightly modded 03GT.

Stock vs Stock, the win goes to the S197.

I see several bolt-on 02-04 GT's running high 13's with DR's. With minor bolt-ons I run 12's with DR's.

No offense to the New Edge and SN-95 GT owners but those cars were dogs in stock trim when compared to the LS1 F-Body, I never even considered buying a Mustang until the S197 came out.

Stock vs Stock, the win goes to the S197.

I see several bolt-on 02-04 GT's running high 13's with DR's. With minor bolt-ons I run 12's with DR's.

No offense to the New Edge and SN-95 GT owners but those cars were dogs in stock trim when compared to the LS1 F-Body, I never even considered buying a Mustang until the S197 came out.

S197s are still a dog compared to the LS1.