I was just in CVS and found a magazine named 1979-'93 Mustang Performance

• Sponsors (?)

I also just signed up and posted a reply. It only takes a minute to sign up and if you don't feel like righting a reply on the bulletin just put plus one to the motion, showing them that there is a following that could make it worth there while.

Thanks Matador and RiceSlayer. I really think that the publishers think the market is not there for something like this. One of the things I pointed out to Modified Mustangs after the change was to come here and look at what forum has the most posts far and away. Since the merger, I don't even consistently receive my subscribed magazine. I'm done with them. I'd love to see this take off and give me somewhere to spend my money.

Well, there was a response from Steve Baur.
Steve Baur
Moderator | Posts: 89 | Joined: 01/07 Posted: 10/07/08
12:18 PM
Thanks for the great support guys. I suspect that if the sales for this issue is high enough, they'll request us to do further issues, but it may be a while, if ever, before it goes monthly. We might do two to four issues next year if the sales show it's viable.

As for Foxes in MM&FF, i have to say we do quite a bit. Just speaking on behalf of my own contribution to the magazine, i had a story on my '93 Cobra (Project Stolen Goods) in every issue of 2007, and 2008 has offered 9 or so stories on the build up of the Little Juice Coupe ('92 notchback). Mike Galimi and Frank Cicerale have also written numerous Fox-based tech articles and features as well. We're working on an upcoming Fox-based series that includes a pair of four-eyed cars as well.

Keep in mind that for every Fox body fan that wants more coverage, there is a New edge and an S197 guy that wants coverage too. We try to bring all of it every month to keep everyone happy.

Thanks,

Steve

Anyone else see the irony here...

Back in the 80s and early 90s it was awesome magazine reading because they covered the fox bodies, how to mod, race, run etc...

Now it sucks because they cover the new edge and now S197 cars...

Isnt it the same thing, they cover whats new and where the money is at? Why was it cool back then to cover the "new" fox bodies, but now it isnt covering the "new" S197s?

Just my opinion, as a lot of people who make note of their being no fox body stuff, are the same people who liked when all it did was cover fox bodies and neglect everything else?

Just .02 for some fun :D

Hence the reason I was looking for a dedicated fox body magazine, not more coverage in existing magazines. Did you ever check out which section of the forums here has the highest post counts? Classic, Mustang II, fox, sn95, new edge, or s197?
I don't really understand what you are saying? They produced a dedicated fox magazine, I expressed an interest and put up a post on their forum trying to get it to be a regular thing. I wasn't looking for a change in the current magazines. I just let my subscriptions run out to them.

Hence the reason I was looking for a dedicated fox body magazine, not more coverage in existing magazines. Did you ever check out which section of the forums here has the highest post counts? Classic, Mustang II, fox, sn95, new edge, or s197?
I don't really understand what you are saying? They produced a dedicated fox magazine, I expressed an interest and put up a post on their forum trying to get it to be a regular thing. I wasn't looking for a change in the current magazines. I just let my subscriptions run out to them.
SN95 and New Edge are the same thing. :chair:

That wasnt directed at you, just a general for the people that loved when the mags dedicated to foxes back when they are new, and now complain when they dedicate to the new edge then S197 cars. It wasnt even and attack, just something I observe when the issue comes up.

I also dont like reading S197 stuff... and would love magazines to be fox based :D.

It's a niche category but it's one that will sell magazines. As for that comment about "for every guy wanting, there's another guy wanting"....well the S197 guys sure didn't want for very long did they?

As it stands now i don't have a subscription to ANY of them so if they want my money they'll have to cater to what i'm interested in, which probably won't happen.

Why are you guys so stern on wanting it to be fox cars only? Do you all not like any other mustangs? I myself LOVE reading about the newest stuff becuase I'm a huge fan of the new age technology. The more you read about the new stuff the more NEW technology you can throw in the fox. Go with the evolution, it's fun! Look at how back in the day it was popular to have a carbed nitrous based stroker and now it's all about having a stand alone turbo setup, I love it. Everything has it's place, so just enjoy reading about ALL things Mustang, not just a certain year. Honestly it's hard to cover something new when dealing with the fox, I know that 5.0mag is doing a Shelby GT500 engine in a fox(dream project of mine) You can't get any better than that, imo.

I just want a mag that's nothing but Foxes because there's at least 3 others out there that are nothing but new ones. It would be nice not to have to hunt and pick to find something i wanted to read about.

Anymore the mags are full of BS anyways so i'm to the point where i'm more interested in finding back issues than buying new ones.

Why are you guys so stern on wanting it to be fox cars only? Do you all not like any other mustangs? I myself LOVE reading about the newest stuff becuase I'm a huge fan of the new age technology. The more you read about the new stuff the more NEW technology you can throw in the fox. Go with the evolution, it's fun! Look at how back in the day it was popular to have a carbed nitrous based stroker and now it's all about having a stand alone turbo setup, I love it. Everything has it's place, so just enjoy reading about ALL things Mustang, not just a certain year. Honestly it's hard to cover something new when dealing with the fox, I know that 5.0mag is doing a Shelby GT500 engine in a fox(dream project of mine) You can't get any better than that, imo.

Whether or not I like the new ones are immaterial(I don't) Which catback gets the most hp for a s197 does nothing for me. Even moreso when the other mag does basically the same test the next month. I'd like to spend my magazine money like I spend my upgrade money. On things that apply to the car that I own.:nice:

I havent looked at the price of mag's lately but when i saw this one on the shelf at wal mart i thumbed through it. after i decided that i was going to buy it i saw that it was six bucks and put it back on the shelf. Ill probably go back and buy it later but six bucks is a bit steep for a mag thats less than one hundred pages and most of the pages it has are ads.

I was just looking through an older 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords magazine today, and there was a letter from a reader about this topic, as well as a reply from Steve Turner. It's kind of long to write, and I don't have a scanner. Could someone please scan this and post it. It was published in the May or June 2007 issue (it says display until june 12, 2007), on page 220, bottom left.

Anyone else see the irony here...

Back in the 80s and early 90s it was awesome magazine reading because they covered the fox bodies, how to mod, race, run etc...

Now it sucks because they cover the new edge and now S197 cars...

Isnt it the same thing, they cover whats new and where the money is at? Why was it cool back then to cover the "new" fox bodies, but now it isnt covering the "new" S197s?

Just my opinion, as a lot of people who make note of their being no fox body stuff, are the same people who liked when all it did was cover fox bodies and neglect everything else?

Just .02 for some fun :D

yeah thats cool and all, but when its in 5.0 AND SUPERFORDS MAGAZINE its a little dumb... i dont think anyone on earth considers the s197 to be a superford either... personally ide say they are more like a "sthhhhhsuuppppper ford"

View attachment 298361