Id'ing Stock Parts....

Im gonna to look a 90 5.0 motor, by the end of this week. This guy only knows that it "ran in the twelves" thats it. He has no idea what's on this thing? My question is how do I identify the stock stuff. He has a cam, but of course no clue. I am quite sure about the intake, but the headers, the fuel injectors and the heads, I don't know what the stock numbers I should be looking for?

Please help.......
Steve Chambers

• Sponsors (?)

As for heads if they are iron they are most likely stock, gt40 or gt40p (if the are the "p" heads they have to have special headers) and of course aluminum heads are aftermarket. The injectors stock (19 lb.) are orange top. The stock headers will be small and have big flat (or square ?) spots on bends especially where they meet the head on the spark plug sides.

If he "knows" it ran in the 12s but doesnt know what it has.. I dunno, but Id be a little skeptical. I cant think of many people that put the time and money to get their cars into the 12 second range without remembering a little bit of what they bought along the way :rolleyes: