ignition boxes

mikey5.0

Jun 19, 2006
I want to soon replace the aging duraspark box that i belive is causing my low rpm stumble. I was going to go Msd 6a with the $15 harness so i can get rid of my factory beat up one. Heres the thing i see summit has a ignition box which looks trick (would really look good on my car since everything is blk:D ) I don't know if the summits box will be able to use the msd harness though:shrug: I have not found very much info about the summit stuff, soo i will most likey go with the MSD to be on the safe side. Unless somebody here knows???

• Sponsors (?)

Get a 6al. Rev limiters come in handy.

Well i hear its bad when you sometimes bounce off the rev limiter, Besides why do you even need one on a carbed car i have ****ty e6 heads they will never see the other side of maybe 5500 rpms and thats all out. Iam not trying to be cheap, i want to go with a msd nothing less,but summit claims there stuff is better ??

I have NO personal experience with any Summit brand items....this is strickly an OPINION...

Personally, I stick with big brands that have a solid reputation. MSD is a well know, well liked product. As mentioned above, the rev limiter is a good thing to have. You don't want to purposely go out of your way to slam into the limiter, but it's good for those "oops" moments. Miss a shift? No problem, the limiter is there to save your motor.

I personally have an MSD 6AL.....over kill for my setup really, but I like the fact that I know I won't blow up my motor in the event of a miss shift while spraying.