ignition switch assembly help needed!!!!!!!!

JDnyc

Mar 1, 2004
BRONX NYC, NY.
does anybody know about the ignition switch assembly? the piece behind the ignition cylinder. mine burned out , my signals dont work , my rear defogger doesnt work , and im banging my head against the wall trying to buy one. and is it hard to install? :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey there, im fairly new to car work, but i just did the ignition switch. Cost me 23 bux canadian from ford. I took off the trim arond the steering wheel and around my instrument cluster. Then ull see that the ignition switch is held on by 2 tamper proof bolts. What i did was drill them a bit, then i used a chisel to make a slot in one of the screw heads. Then i used a flathead screwdriver to take it out. There is a little nubby that the spring from the ignition switch pushes on. Make sure ure new ignition swich is switched to "on" and it should line up pretty good. Then i used needle nose plyers to tighten the new tamper proof bolts on. Works good, its nice to not have to fiddle with my ignition position for my signal lights to work.