I'm Bored with Mustangs...

95.0Stang

Feb 20, 2003
Kansas
Hey everybody, over the last couple weeks I have noticed I am just kind of growing board with Mustangs. I thought about buying some parts for my car, but then I kept thinking 'Why bother?' I can't really think of a car I would rather own, but I am just kind of board with my 2003 GT. I have really been thinking about selling mine and buying an 05 GT. I imagine because it is just a totally different beast in virtually every way. I imagine I could sell mine for $9k-$10k and could pick up a nice 05 for $5-7k difference, which I have the cash to do, so I would not be getting in debt over it. Thought about getting a Mach 1 or Terminator, but the 05 is just so much more refined than either of these.

Again, just really, really bored, and I am not sure what to do about it.

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

You can buy a 96-98 Snake for $6k-10 Just a FYi

Actually I have been considering that. I guess I am just not convinced there would be a huge difference between my modified (a little bit) 260hp Gt and a 305hp Cobra...The platform is identical, but with different body lines.

Did you sell your 95 5.0 because you got boredw ith it also?

Yes as a matter of fact I did. I kind of wanted to try the small domestic market and drove an 05 SRT-4. Fun car and all, but it wasn't a Mustang.

your first sentance you say your bored with mustangs, then you go on to say your going to buy an 05 mustang?

I am thinking I am pretty well tired of the SN-95s. This may all be temporary, so I am pretty calm about looking for another car. I drove an 06 GT coupe a couple months ago and thought it was very nice, and when I got back in my 03 GT to leave the dealership I just felt like I had stepped back 20 years in time. The 05+s are such great cars, and it felt like it was just put together at a whole new level. I think I am bored with Mustangs, but I would try an 05+ before I left the Mustang world again.

Do you daily drive your car? If not buy a daily, and use the mustang for a toy.

No, my Mustang is not my daily driver. My Buick is. In the last 6 months I have driven about 1500 miles, and while it is still good for relaxing, I just get no thrill out of the car anymore.

I REALLY don't want a payment anymore. I could go up to $18-19k but then I would be tapped out and no money for mods, which I would really want to do. Exhaust, CAI, and Tint, and lowering are the first mods I typically do, and they make a huge difference.

Buy a LS1 then. :D

Sounds like you have some money put aside. Why not start on a different path like a blower or something?

No LS1 for me!

I thought about getting a Tork Tech Kit, I just have issues dropping $6k on ANYTHING! LOL! Maybe for a whole car, but just for a blower? I guess I may not feel that way once I put my foot in it.

One of my good friends and mechanic is a ProCharger Dealer, and I know he said he would get me the intercooled kit installed, trailer it to Kansas City for a good safe tune, and trailer it to my house for $6k.

My current car could very easily slip into a track only type car if I put just a little more money into it, but I don't want it to be a track car, I want a car I can enjoy in the warm months, and leave sitting worry free in the winter months. Here in Kansas I may not drive my car from Nov-March.

Sounds to me like you need a different Mustang. You need some variety. I get bored every once in a while also, so I'll just go mess with one of my other ones. Between the three, I've always got some project going on. It keeps it a little more exciting that I'm not just limited to one.

well if you like yours but you want something different how about an older build? keep yours and build up an older mustang like a foxbody or old mach or something. wouldnt be instant but would give you something to do and best part when you're done you have TWO mustangs! :nice: