Paint and Body I'm Confused.

IMG_3045.PNG
Okay, I thought I could spot subtle details and tell you which model of S-550 we were looking at but now I'm not so sure.
The detail I'm talking about is the little extra rib on the rear valance. All S-550's have the valance or rear splitter, it's just that the California Special models have and additional rib, one per side. Or so I thought. I've seen a few other S-550's around here in Georgia and on the web that have the rib also. From what I can tell they are either Pony Car editions or European models. Then I came across this:
IMG_3045.PNG

and this
IMG_3047.PNG

What are y'all's thoughts?
See the extra rib in the valance? Underneath the bumper?

Attachments

• IMG_3047.PNG
    IMG_3047.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 153
  • Sponsors (?)

OK, the rear valence with ribs you're looking at is standard on all Premium models. Since all ecoboost and GT convertibles are premium models, that detail is on all of them. Unfortunately the ad you're showing isn't showing a picture of a California Special GT. Those have a different rear emblem, not the plain GT.

OK, the rear valence with ribs you're looking at is standard on all Premium models. Since all ecoboost and GT convertibles are premium models, that detail is on all of them. Unfortunately the ad you're showing isn't showing a picture of a California Special GT. Those have a different rear emblem, not the plain GT.
Okay, that clears THAT up. Thanks! Tried to post a picture of a S-550 GT/CS but couldn't find one online I liked and didn't have any of my GT/CS handy.
Yeah I knew the rear emblem on the GT/CS was different than the regular GT and/or the V6 and EcoBoost models. It's a little like the 50th Anniversary model, but not identical. (Supposed to look like an old-fashioned gas cap.)
Thanks for clearing that up about the rear balance rib though. For a little while there, I felt special since I had only seen them on California Special models.