I'm going to die by the time I'm 25 if I keep it up!

My diet is extremely bad. It consists of burgers, FRIES, fried chicken, and chicken burgers, this is mainly what I eat EVERYDAY. I know I have to change my eating habits, but it's hard cause fast food is so convenient. My question to you guys is if you can suggest GOOD healthy food. Don't go all crazy on me. Things I can get at a local grocery store would be nice.
Thanks for helping me stay alive.:D

• Sponsors (?)

Just make a big batch of pasta. They have boxes of ingredients at the grocery store, just mix it with chicken breast and veggies. That will be good for atleast a week.

Buy bread, and slices of turkey, tomatoes, lettuce, ect. Make sandwiches and pack your lunch.

Eat fruit, pack an apple or an orange with your lunch.

Honestly, you'll save thousands if you shop at the groccery store. I'm not kidding. Buying fast food everyday is costing you a lot of money. Money that should be going to your stang.

i got a tip, go food shopping, and read the labels before you buy something. if you have a hard time pronouncing an ingredient don't buy it. and drink water like its going out of style, no more soda or beer. i lost a little weight by not drinking soda anymore, since all i drink now is water.

When I read the topic, I thought you took too many blue pills. :rlaugh:

I actually think it's much more expensive to eat really clean than it is to eat crap. Good quality food is $$.

The old addage about shopping the perimeter of the grocery store isnt too bad - that's where the staples are. If you crave what's normally fatty foods (I've got a soft spot for mexican food, for instance), you can get healthier alternatives at Health-food stores.

Just be moderate - you want a lifestyle change that will stick with you. If you're miserable, you'll stop eating clean.

Good luck!

JT is correct, eating healthier is usually more expensive than eating unhealthily (I'm not restricting this to fast food...you can make a lot of meals yourself...and they can be just as bad)

My reccomendations

find a couple pasta dishes (as mentioned earlier) that you enjoy. personally I like fetucinni alfredo and primavera. Marinara sauces and nice blush sauces are great too. I generally use chicken in my pastas...sometimes I'll throw in some bacon too (not too much though)

Learn how to cook a pot roast. it's really freaken easy. put it in the oven and come back three hours later and you have meat for a week.

Along the lines of the last suggestion...learn how to cook a full chicken/turkey

Determine what kind of vegetables you like enough to eat every day

do the same for fruit

then go shopping!

Ahhhh, something I am well versed in. I dont know anything about this car jazz, but i can handle this:rolleyes:

Its all about where you see yourself in a year, or what your goals are:

1. WATER WATER WATER: I switched from PowerAde to Water for 2 weeks so far and I've lost 7lbs already. I run 6 miles a day and I began to abuse PowerAde like crazy. I kept gaining weight and it was boggling me. Put it down and boom, the pounds are away and I feel GREAT

2. Built: Carbs, Protein, more carbs, more protein. You want to carb up if you want some muscle. Carbing is easy, breads, pastas, yadda yad. The theory for Protein is 1g of protein per body lb. I was knocking down 159grams of protein A DAY before I went on my lean cycle. In case you dont know how much that is, take a gander at how much protein is in your common foods. That is a lot of salmon and hardboiled eggs I was tearing up. Up the caloric intake to about 3500-4000 depending on your size.

3. Slim: Cut off meals at 8pm. Excercise when you wake up. Your body burns more before your first meal of the day. Cut down your daily caloric intake to about 1400-1600 calories, and you'll feel like a new man. Eat a small meal every 2 hours to get your metabolism to jumpstart itself into fast mode, then after that, itll roll with the punches.

4. Health: Protein, Veggies, and Fruit. Every meal you eat should have at least one of each in there. Stay away from fried foods. Baked baked baked. Chicken is great for you. Red meat is good, but dont overdue it. It can bite you in the ass.

It isn't expensive to reach your goals. Im on my lean cycle and I've saved so much money on food. I wake up 0600, go to the gym, get home around 0830, eat a burger, take a shower, and go about my day. Come 2000, I've probably eaten that burger plus a little snack and about 2-3 liters of water. If you find yourself getting hungry past 2000, drink more water. Water will fill you up to where you don't want food.

Good luck. Maybe someday you can come on base and we'll lift together.

Go ORGANIC! ! ! !

It's better for the environment and better for you.

Most stores have an organic section and it may have some odd ToFu things in it, but also other goodies...like rice, beans, fruits, veggies, cookies, cereals, chips, salsa, etc.

Just take a little time and plan out meals.

If you are a big dude (like me), and require a lot of protein to keep going, eat eggs. Hard boil (12) and keep in fridge for when you are hungry. They travel wel also!

I generally eat something like this:
AM: oatmeal with cranberries or raisins and almonds. Eggs, cookies (organic Newmans Own, of course) and fruit and coffee and juice. I am strong until about 11:00 or 11:30.
Lunch: huge sandwich, turkey or tofu or egg salad and veggies and water. Maybe cookies or fruit or ice cream.
Dinner: Pick and scrounge at chips, crackers, salsa, veggies (green beans etc) and make some sort of meatless dinner. Beans are always good for protein and so is pasta, add in lots of veggies.

Fruits and Veggies are key also! ! ! You body needs fuel and vitamins and minerals in natural foods.

Pasta is always a winner, but try to keep with whole wheat pasta, has more nutrients.

Cut out all drinks other than water. No soda! ! ! ! It is all chemicals and crap plus it dehydrates you. Drink water and 100% juice only for a while. Coffee is okay in limited quantities and tea is good for anti-oxidents.

The huge problem with fast food is that it is just that...fast food. It is convenient and really horrible for you. The trans fats it contains are just amazing ("bad") and there are a few studies that claim that chains add chemicals to their food as a preservative. Think of that going into your organs and what it does to you ! ! ! !

Look online for meal planning and food shopping and I can assure you will save $ $ $ $ $ $ as well as your health!

Try one week of no fast food, drinking (alcohol) and consuming only pure, unaltered foods, and you will feel better, think more clearly and probably have more $$$ in your pocket.

i used to eat like you, nacho. my gf and i got on this diet that consists of eating things like:

breakfast: 1 wheat toast, 1 egg, 1 glass of juice/fruit, milk, and a cup of cereal.

lunch: tuna/lentils/chicken + rice/salmon + rice, salad

dinner: small portions--salad, chicken, fruit, green tea

you gotta throw in some fruits in between, no sodas, just juice, water, and green tea. if you eat all that you're supposed to eat in one day, it really is A LOT of food.

i ate like that for the 2 years we lived together and didn't eat ANY fast food. i lost weight, didn't get sick ONCE, and always felt great.

i ate a mcdonald's egg mcmuffin one morning while at a clinic for substitute teaching and threw all that crap up like a mofo! that just shows you how un-natural that stuff is.

AznStanger3v said:
Ahhhh, something I am well versed in. I dont know anything about this car jazz, but i can handle this:rolleyes:

Its all about where you see yourself in a year, or what your goals are:

1. WATER WATER WATER: I switched from PowerAde to Water for 2 weeks so far and I've lost 7lbs already. I run 6 miles a day and I began to abuse PowerAde like crazy. I kept gaining weight and it was boggling me. Put it down and boom, the pounds are away and I feel GREAT

2. Built: Carbs, Protein, more carbs, more protein. You want to carb up if you want some muscle. Carbing is easy, breads, pastas, yadda yad. The theory for Protein is 1g of protein per body lb. I was knocking down 159grams of protein A DAY before I went on my lean cycle. In case you dont know how much that is, take a gander at how much protein is in your common foods. That is a lot of salmon and hardboiled eggs I was tearing up. Up the caloric intake to about 3500-4000 depending on your size.

3. Slim: Cut off meals at 8pm. Excercise when you wake up. Your body burns more before your first meal of the day. Cut down your daily caloric intake to about 1400-1600 calories, and you'll feel like a new man. Eat a small meal every 2 hours to get your metabolism to jumpstart itself into fast mode, then after that, itll roll with the punches.

4. Health: Protein, Veggies, and Fruit. Every meal you eat should have at least one of each in there. Stay away from fried foods. Baked baked baked. Chicken is great for you. Red meat is good, but dont overdue it. It can bite you in the ass.

It isn't expensive to reach your goals. Im on my lean cycle and I've saved so much money on food. I wake up 0600, go to the gym, get home around 0830, eat a burger, take a shower, and go about my day. Come 2000, I've probably eaten that burger plus a little snack and about 2-3 liters of water. If you find yourself getting hungry past 2000, drink more water. Water will fill you up to where you don't want food.

Good luck. Maybe someday you can come on base and we'll lift together.
very much correct.....It does suck though, because eating better usually costs a lot more. You could also supplement a meal with some sort of protein shake or something. I think exercise is important as well. Also, go on the internet and find foods that increase your metabalism....like tortilla chips and salsa, etc...good luck.

Pretty much your main concern is to stop eating out (including resturaunts unless its the salad bar) and stay away from the frozen foods/ junk food in the supermarket. Oh and take your vitamins :D

NO SODA. As somone said earlier drink water or what I drink is this lipton diet green tea (0 calories 0 sugar) it ROCKS. I hate diet drinks and this does not taste diet AT all.

meat, rice, deli sandwhiches, pasta, yogurt, eggs, salad and fruit. If you have to have something sweet go with gummi worms or something like that over cookies/cake.

Exercise as much as possible. Im very active, so I dont think twice about eating pizza or fast food every once in awhile.