Injector Pulse

XxFaceYourFear

15 Year Member
Jun 9, 2007
My car is refusing to start, so I was checking things and everything seemed to be normal, so I checked for injector pulse with a noid light and its not pulsing. My first thought was PIP, so I tried another dizzy that I borrowed from a friend and had the same results. I read online that a bad tps signal can shut off the injectors (don't know if that was fox specific), but my volt meter broke, I'm going to pick another one up today. Also, when I was out there poking around, I heard my IAC whirring and whirring, so I unplugged it, cranked the car and it started for a short while, then turned off and continued with the same problem. I was wondering what else might cause injector pulse to crap out. I also checked for power to the injector and its there as well, just no pulse.

• Sponsors (?)

The TPS can shut the injectors off (this is true on every fuel injected vehicle I've ever seen. WOT while cranking shuts them off to clear a flood condition).

If you have spark, the PIP is ok.
If you have accessory 12V to the injectors but the noid doesnt flash, that suggests either bad injector drivers (EEC) or bad injector wiring between the EEC and injectors.