injector reccomendation with my combo and boost

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
heya i have thumper e7s
typhoon intake and a B-cam and a load of bolt ons, headers, CAI, pulllies and all that stuff. i plan to be adding a low boost vortech or paxton kit, making 5-6 lbs. i plan to up the boost later on with a smaller pulley.

right now i am running 19 lb injectors and it runs good.

i plan to also get a tweecer and tinker around and get to where i can tune my ECU

question is
what injector would you go with? i was thinkning 42# and forgetting about the FMU seeing how i plan to upgrade boost later on and 19 or 24 lbers with and FMU might not be enough.

i fear bad drivability with 42# injectors without the tweecer to tune and tell the ECU what i am running.

currently i am running a vortech/C&L 73mm MAF, i can change out the sampling tubes. would the car run ok with 36lbers and a 36 lb tube in my current meter, without a tune. just until i get to learn the tweecer and get it going good that way. the tubes dont come in 42 lb from what i can see. or would i be better of getting a Pro-m meter that will work until i can tune?

also do i need those "blow through" MAFS? according to vortech you mount the MAF before the SC so a regular MAF would work right?? i am guessing the blow throught style go after the compressor, is there any sort of advantage to this?

• Sponsors (?)