Inspection near Pittsburgh w/o cats

cjist1

Apr 16, 2003
pittsburgh
I really dont feel like swiching my mid-pipe back to stock just to get my car inspected...but Im afriad thats what im gonna be doing this weekend. This is a long shot, but does anyone know of any shops that wont mind inspecting my car w/o cats. The rest of the car is mint...just no cats. If anyone knows of a place could you PM me. thanks.

by the way i heard that they dont actually hook a sniffer up to the exhaust anymore. They use a OBD II scanner on 96 and newer cars to just see if any emissions codes show up. So the only thing I will have to pass is the visual inspection.

• Sponsors (?)

pm me

cjist1 said:
I really dont feel like swiching my mid-pipe back to stock just to get my car inspected...but Im afriad thats what im gonna be doing this weekend. This is a long shot, but does anyone know of any shops that wont mind inspecting my car w/o cats. The rest of the car is mint...just no cats. If anyone knows of a place could you PM me. thanks.

by the way i heard that they dont actually hook a sniffer up to the exhaust anymore. They use a OBD II scanner on 96 and newer cars to just see if any emissions codes show up. So the only thing I will have to pass is the visual inspection.