Installed!!! Gears and TLOK

rygenstormlocke

former 10 second badass
Aug 13, 2005
Northern Virginia
Went to the shop today to get my gears installed along with my FR TLOK. I have to take it easy for 500 miles while I wait for them to break in. But I can already feel the car pull more off the line. Once I hit 500 miles, I will get it re-oiled, probably add some shims and then give it a hard launch and see how it takes off.

More to come on this one!

• Sponsors (?)

rygenstormlocke said:
Went to the shop today to get my gears installed along with my FR TLOK. I have to take it easy for 500 miles while I wait for them to break in. But I can already feel the car pull more off the line. Once I hit 500 miles, I will get it re-oiled, probably add some shims and then give it a hard launch and see how it takes off.

More to come on this one!

Cool beans! My gears came in today. Still waiting on my TrueTrac. I can't get them installed until early next month though.

Rygen, you're a better man than me...

I too got my gears, trac lock, and cold air intake installed yesterday. Before I left the Auto repair shop, I used my SCT X2 to program the custom tune I got from Lidio. It feels like a totally different car, and it'll take some getting used to. BTW, I paid $247.00 for the install. I know it's not smart, but I had to punch it just once while leaving a stoplight, and the result was a long burnout before I let off the gas. :D

Maija1 said:
I too got my gears, trac lock, and cold air intake installed yesterday. Before I left the Auto repair shop, I used my SCT X2 to program the custom tune I got from Lidio. It feels like a totally different car, and it'll take some getting used to. BTW, I paid $247.00 for the install. I know it's not smart, but I had to punch it just once while leaving a stoplight, and the result was a long burnout before I let off the gas. :D

Awesome. I'm trying to be good, but its so hard to resist. Yea, with the 4.10's, i was up to 80 before I knew it...have to be careful now. Car accelerates much faster now.

I can only imagine what the 4.10s are like

Hey bro, I'm running 3.73s and I have to be extra careful when accelerating because my car now seems like it goes from 40 to 90 in no time. I love the way it pulls away. I kinda regret not getting 4.10s but a friend who has a lot more knowledge and experience in drag racing than I do, informed that they would have been a too intense for daily driving. Oh well, I'm happy right now and that's all that matters right?

Maija1 said:
Hey bro, I'm running 3.73s and I have to be extra careful when accelerating because my car now seems like it goes from 40 to 90 in no time. I love the way it pulls away. I kinda regret not getting 4.10s but a friend who has a lot more knowledge and experience in drag racing than I do, informed that they would have been a too intense for daily driving. Oh well, I'm happy right now and that's all that matters right?

I hear ya!!! Well, guess what...so much for waiting 500mi, I just floored it from a stop light 10 minutes ago. Spun the tires and took offfffff!!! Damn, 100MPH came so quick, I was shocked.

I can't believe I didnt do this mod before the others!

:D

Excepcion13 said:
Good man! How did Auto Upgrade work out for you? How long did it take? Cost? I cannot justrify going all the way out to Lake Ana now, and these parts are beging to be put on!!!

The Mechanic to talk to is Jarret. He quoted me for 3 hours, cost to install was $255 plus oil. In reality it took 6 hours, but they only charged me 3. Its mostly a ricer shop but he knew his stuff.

They are right off of 28 in Chantilly. Of all the places I called, he was the one who knew the motives, and how to make sure they don't whine. Mine are though, but he said that was usual for the first 500 miles and is having me bring it back in to add shims and oil and make minor adjustments. He told me by the time they are broken in, they will be quiet.