Installed my 18x9 Chrome Saleens, Car is sits HIGHER!!!

derek02gt

Dec 25, 2003
hey whats up guys, before the 18x9 saleen wheel install..i had the stock bulitts that were 17x8 with 245/40/17 tires on ..now i have 18x9 with 275/35/18 all around..my car is dropped with h&r supersports..the back end has ALOT MORE GAP then before..why is this?should I of got the wheels installed first, then dropped?or does it not matter because the springs can only be put on one way?whats going on here??

• Sponsors (?)

derek02gt said:
hey whats up guys, before the 18x9 saleen wheel install..i had the stock bulitts that were 17x8 with 245/40/17 tires on ..now i have 18x9 with 275/35/18 all around..my car is dropped with h&r supersports..the back end has ALOT MORE GAP then before..why is this?should I of got the wheels installed first, then dropped?or does it not matter because the springs can only be put on one way?whats going on here??

:confused: your ride hight should not have changed. The only thing i can think of is that it looks like you have more wheel gap because of the tires tinner sidewall :shrug: Do you have before and after pictures?