Installed New Crane Cams Coil...Makes Buzzing Sound.

two_stangs

Jan 3, 2004
AZ
I just installed a factory mounting Crane Cams Performance Coil. It's supposed to be 70% better than stock.

But Now I have a buzzing sound. Not too loud. But coming from the distributor and the coil is a low buzzing. It was not there before. But cars drives and starts up better than before.

Is this normal with a performance coil?

• Sponsors (?)

actually there might be something you can do about the buzzing. a coil is basically a transformer, it takes one voltage and either raises or lowers it to another voltage. I work as an electrician and most of the transformers that I have installed usually have a hum or buzz to them. What you might be able to do is install a piece of rubber or foam or something between the coil and the bracket that it is mounted to. It might take care of some of the buzzing. Hope it helps. I am gonna try it on mine tomorrow and see what it does.

I also have the ps-91 and no noise. Did you mount it in the stock position with all four screws? RYC is right, if it's not mounted firmly, it will buzz like a good thing. And like you said, it sure starts nicer. I gained 2mpg, much better throttle response and cured my up and down idle by going to the crane hi6-s and ps-91. Best mod I ever did.