Installed raptor shift-light and painted interior lettering

Signal_12

The artist formerly known as SN95Mike
Founding Member
Jul 16, 1999
Central FL
The install was straight forward for the light--took about an hour. For the lettering I used touch-up paint from autozone. Here they are:

fac8d45c.jpg

fac8d463.jpg

fac8d459.jpg

fac8d473.jpg

fac8d46b.jpg

fac8d467.jpg

The LED's in the light are red and wicked bright! Later.

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

how hard was it to paint the letters?

did you use some sort of tape around it, just in case?

i have the black/tan interior, so where you painted is tan, so i was thinking about making the Mustang part Black instead

It wasn't so bad to do...I actually did it with a serious hang-over. If I flubbed up I took an exacto blade and took excess paint off.

Here's a few more shift light pics:...

fac7d5e0.jpg

cover on

fac7d5db.jpg

cover off

fac7d5d9.jpg

Mike

I have seen people hide them in their air vents. Check out their website, I think they have a few pics on there. I have one but I have it set-up for when I goto the drag strip. I usually drive a little bit less aggressivly than I do at the drag strip so it never really comes on.

I was thinking about getting a light as well. They look really sweet, and alot safer then looking down at the Tach between shifts. I was wondering how easy it is to see the light go off during the day? Also would you be able to see the light fo off during the day if you had it installed in the Vent?

2K Stanger said:
I was wondering how easy it is to see the light go off during the day? Also would you be able to see the light go off during the day if you had it installed in the Vent?

The lights are LED's and are very bright day or night with the cover off. I haven't seen a light in the ac vent in person, but I would imagine it would be bright day or night as well (peding the vent is open ;)).

Mike