Installing front brakes on the rear.

BlackGT01

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2001
Ottawa, Ontario
Has anybody done this? I am looking at upgrading my brakes to the brembo 14" package and I would like to take the front rotors and calipers and put them on the back of the car. How is the emergency brake setup on the rotors with these cars? Is it a drum or does it use the factory calipers?
Thanks
Fred

• Sponsors (?)

The rear brakes use a small drum setup and therefore the stock e-brake setup would not work with the front rotors. Also, I dont think the front rotors could be modified to fit the rear hubs and then there would be the caliper mounting. This would be a nightmare. Better and cheaper to get a matched set from Brembo or other supplier.

I've also read that our Mustangs do not respond well to large rear brakes. And oh my God, have you thought about getting the proportioning and ABS dialed in, whew!

Just my .02

i was actually looking into this myself, but i think im going to go with the baer lightweight rotors for the back...aluminum hats ftw!

when you do the 14 inch, make sure your rims fit. i have the 14 inch brakes, and they didnt fit on my 18 inch bullits without a 35mm wheel spacer. i think im going to pick up a pair of 18 inch work equips to fix the problem ;-)