Intake vac. question.

MusPuppis

Nov 8, 2004
Lexington, Ky.
Ok.. I need to see if anyone has some info on a couple intake vac lines.

Theres three main lines I'm conerned with. On the rear of the intake is a line that goes to the vac. distribution block. On the front are two lines, one that curves around the back and one other.

My question pertains mainly to the two front lines. Where do they go? heh. This engine is sitting in my F-150 and I wasnt the one that removed it from the Mustang so I've never seen it properly assembled and hooked up. I need to know where to put these lines..

I also have one other question.. Could the rear line that goes to the vac. distribution block be switched out with one of the main lines on the front of the intake? I ask this because in my truck the intake is actually backwards. I swapped it around so the T.B. sits on the driver side making it a hell of alot easier to route my intake and hook my throttle cable up.. problem is the rear lines are now in front which puts the line in a weird spot. I only ask this from an aesthetic point of view.. It just doesnt look good hooked up the way it is right now, I'm not overly concerned with it but was just curious.

Anyway, if anyone would tell me where the two rear lines are supposed to go I'd apprecite it. I'm pretty sure one is supposed to go to the evap canister thing but I dont know which one..

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

What does the BAP do exactly?

I dont think my truck has one.. Sorry for the stupid questions. Im new to the world of V8's.. Had my head and hands in the import scene up until recently so Im just getting to know the V8 setup and workings. Doesnt help that I wasnt the one that pulled this motor out of the old car either.. Ive spent more time staring at wires, sensors and vac lines than I have behind a wrench in this project. *sigh*

Bleh.

Thanks much for the help, much appreciated.

It's not so bad once you get familiar with it and start to know your way around
And yeah, it's gotta be tough when you didn't see it before it was pulled

The Barometric Absolute Pressure sensor reports...well barometric pressure to the computer
I'm not sure how it works
But it has to do with altitudes and atmosphere and leaning or enriching the mix
Drivabilty when you're in the mountains perhaps

I don't know if they left this off the trucks or not-I guess that's possible
I do know that they did reverse the plenum on trucks

I'll take a look at the stang tomorrow and check which line went to which of the "front" (now your rear) vaccum lines
One is the BAP and the other is the charcoal-I don't remember left or right
And the two other "rear" ones you mentioned, I don't remember those, but I'll check
Look again for the BAP
If you really don't have one I'm sure you can plug uf the hole in the intake

Awsome, thanks.

I went out and poked round my truck, and looked at my old intake.. I dont beleive I have a BAP sensor. The truck's intake has no additional lines to accomodate it and its no where to be found in the engine bay.

ONce I get the final vac info from you and get the reverse servo installed and my valve body back into the tranny I'll be ready to crank the engine for the first time.. Sadly the truck wont be driveable for atleast 3 weeks since the fuel line I bought to go from the stangs fuel rail to the trucks original lines isnt gonna hold up to anything but a test start (thats exactly why its there to.. Just to test) but, once I crank her over I'll atleast know how many little issues I'm going to have to work out.

Okay here is how it is on my 93...

The front left hose goes to the vapor canister down below the air filter...

The front right hose goes to a "two-way connector" that keeps the hose going all the way to the back of the lower intake onto the pcv valve...

As for the back vacuum lines...it is hard to explain...but the (1) "big/thick" hose goes from the back of the intake (off the tree the lines come off of from the upper itself) to the "S" (labeled) on the vaccum connections on the driverside firewall...it is labeled "S", "A/C", etc...

The (2) little skinny black hose (off the tree off the upper intake in the back) goes to the passenger side but I can't remember for what...

The red skinny line (3) goes to the fuel pressure regulator located behind your throttle body...

Ha! Excellent.

Thanks a bunch folks, this has helped me a great deal. I'm gonna go pull the upper intake off and get the lines run tonight. Sadly, with the intake backwards now the rear (used to be the front..) lines are totally inaccessible. The FPR is in the way and there just isnt enough room between the firewall and rear of the intake to get your hand in a position to work a line on. No matter. Ive had that upper intake off about 150 damn times while tinkering around so it takes me all of 5 minutes to do now.

Off to the garage I guess.

Thanks again folks.