Intercooler Guys,please Help

StanginSean

Aug 19, 2008
Installed a fmic CXracing intercooler(31x12x3) on my supercharged gt my question is tho did you guys have trouble fitting the radiator hose that fits near the supercharger?There's simply not enough room for the bypass valv, the line coming from the discharge,ac lines, some harness as well as the radior hose?I've attempted to run it under the intake assembly over the supercharger but im going to have to search for some hose and just want your guy's opinion first

Also another issue is the power steering lines,I don't have anywhere to bend it up to because of that huge ass bracket attached to it,what did you guys do? pics would be very greatful if possible.

• Sponsors (?)

More details are needed like:

What supercharger you are running...
Did your supercharger previously fit with everything...
How did you run your new piping...

One idea you might use is to use prochargers routing of the piping. I believe you can download thier installation instruction from thier website. I had absoutly no issues with clearence anywhere. Also, pictures of your setup would make it much easier to offer suggestions.

Is it possible to re-clock a vortech V2? You should contact vortech and ask them. That means you rotate the intake side of the supercharger so that it points down behind the radiator instead of up so that you can run your piping down behind the radiator,around the bottom of the radiator through the driver side of the bumper to the intercooler, then through the passenger side bottom of the bumper up through the fender opening and to the throttle body. You should really go to prochargers site and find the instructions for thier kit and look at how they run thier piping.

Yes that or any powersteering cooler will work with your car, you will just have to figure out some way to mount it. I wouldn't use those zip-tie style fasteners because they have a reputation of wearing through radiators.