Intrax or Eibach springs

So I looked at the review for both springs. And both have had cons about a rougher ride. Should I expect this with any lowering spring? Quality was really not mentioned in the reviews, would i be paying for the name of Eibach, or the Quality? Any help on this would be great.

Pepper

• Sponsors (?)

Eibach Springs on my 2000 GT Conv.

I had Eibach Springs installed on my 2000 GT Convertible and I really like the new stance. As far as the ride goes, it is fine with just me in the car but if I have passengers it seems to get a little rough, but not enought to wish I had stock springs.

Just intalled HR Super Sports. Ride quility is a little more firm, but not bad. I can feel the road better now. If you're looking for quality my reseach shows HR is the best. Eibach is good, but I don't know if I'd go with Intrax. I've always found that you get what you pay for.

lance

I have thte Y2K Eibach springs on my car...lowered the car about an 1.25" all around and I love the stance. Although its been on year since the springs went in and i still have the stock shocks I am not noticing I cannot keep my front end aligned...I will need to get some CC plates..you shoud look into doing the same...I recomend Maximum Motorsports :nice:

MUSTANGLANCE said:
Just intalled HR Super Sports. Ride quility is a little more firm, but not bad. I can feel the road better now. If you're looking for quality my reseach shows HR is the best. Eibach is good, but I don't know if I'd go with Intrax. I've always found that you get what you pay for.

lance

Intrax springs aren't cheap 229.00 in Summitt Racing catalog so go figure....I like mine good stance, I did take the isolaters off the front though for more of a slammed look.

I've got Intrax springs on my '94 Taurus SHO and I am happy with them. Nice drop, nice handling, and no rougher than I would expect.

Roller406BU is right, the Intrax springs aren't cheap. They were about $50 more than the Eibach springs for my SHO if I remember right.

I think the real issue with lowering springs is how well they hold up over time. I have heard way too many times about Eibach springs sagging over time. Some say that the rear drops more than the front... Some say one side of the car will drop more than the other... again, over a period of time.

The spring rate is going to determine how rough the ride will be but that is corrected with whatever struts/shocks you pair them up with.

H&R Supersports w/Bilsteins were my choice after tons of research and I am very happy with them. 1-3/4" drop in the front and 1-1/2" drop in the rear. That's with new isolators... expect more if you don't replace those.

GDawg said:
I think the real issue with lowering springs is how well they hold up over time. I have heard way too many times about Eibach springs sagging over time. Some say that the rear drops more than the front... Some say one side of the car will drop more than the other... again, over a period of time.

I've had spring sag with three different sets of Eibach springs (Pro Kit, Sportline, Drag Launch). I've used H&R on two different Mustangs now & am very pleased with them.