Ipod sound clear?

94whitestang

Jan 1, 2005
Oregon
I just got a Ipod Mini and was wondering about how I would go about hooking it up to my Mustang. Do I need a speical HU? How many wires do I need, and what ones? Is it hard to hook up? And lastly does it sound clear?

Thanks
Tom

• Sponsors (?)

Ive tried teh Fm transmitter and it worked... ok. It was pretty good but had some FM static. I have just boughten the Alpine CDA-9855 and I will be purchasing the Alpine iPod controller adapter to hook up to it. It sounds great, not only is it directly ocnnected to your HU, but you can control the iPod from teh HU and it charges the ipod while its in use. win/win. Ill post a review when I have it all installed.

I also just got the Alpine 9855 + KCA420i (Ipod adapter) and it is the best HU I have seen yet for under $500 to control the IPod. I had an older Alpine with controlling the IPod and that work good, BUT man the 9855 us Awesome. The display is the best part you can see up to three artists at one time while scrolling thru the IPod and if you want to jump ahead about 10-20 artists just slide your finger all the way across the Glide Touch controls fairly fast. If any of you have used older HU Ipod controls then you will really appreciate that like I did. The price on this HU is expensive at $450 but it is definitely worth the money. The sound quality is also excellent. My advise would be if you can afford it buy the Alpine and don't mess with the FM transmitters.

:D