Irregular Temperture

Vijay

Oct 26, 2012
Hi all, this post will be a bit lenghtly, but any help would be appricated. I have a 1999 V-6 with 143,000 on the dash. The car has always been reliable, and has over heated once about 20,000 miles ago. Needed a new radiator, hoses, and thermostat, and haven't had a promblem since. About a month ago, when sitting in traffic after highway driving at regualr speed, the temperture guage increses past the halfway point and begins to return normal after driving. the highest ive seen it get was to the 3/4 mark. When the temperture started rising the other day, i pulled over, popped the hood, fan was going, and everything looked fine, temperture returned to normal.

This promblem does not happen every drive, but 1 in 5 times. im beginning to get worryed that it might completly overheat in stop and go traffic. Took it to Ford dealership, and they flushed radiator, and checked cooling system, and couldn't find any issue, but promblem persists. So, where do i go from here? all fluids are good, oil has milky apperence first thing in morning, but after driving is gone, so I think thats just condenstation, and i have no irregular exhuast smoke. Any ideas would greatly be appricated.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)