Is it worth it to remove front foam bumper??

• Sponsors (?)

i hear you can tear the bumper or rip something. cause it helps hold the shape of the bumper and keeps it more secure.....i wouldnt do it, unless you molded a fiberglass one to replace it. THAT i have seen done, as well as the rear steel one

I wouldn't. The foam keeps the shape of the cover. Picture a 24 year old woman with a pair of DD's. That is what your bumper looks like with the foam. Now picture a 64 year old woman with a pair of DD's. This is what your bumper looks like without the foam.

I wouldn't. The foam keeps the shape of the cover. Picture a 24 year old woman with a pair of DD's. That is what your bumper looks like with the foam. Now picture a 64 year old woman with a pair of DD's. This is what your bumper looks like without the foam.

:lol: :rlaugh: Definately one of the most memorable quotes on Stangnet.

I agree that its definately not a 70lb weight saver. If its the actual bumper you are talking about, I would absolutely keep it. I'd rather have the extra weight there rather than to have to completely rebuild a core support in the case of an accident.

That is just one scary picture. I want that image out of my head. Go to my happy place. Go to my happy place.

That is just one scary picture. I want that image out of my head. Go to my happy place. Go to my happy place.

bikinigirls4424ej5.jpg

Attachments

• bikinigirls4424ej5.jpg
    bikinigirls4424ej5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 50
I removed the fog lights and bracket from behind the front bumper. The bottom of the bumper (under the 'hole') bolts to this.
Anyway, the whole thing weighs 20lbs according to my cheap scales.
There is another piece higher up which is part of the bumper itself - I wouldn't take that bit out.