Is It Worth Keeping/Selling The Stock K Member?

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
The Team Z K member is in, just have to wait for the bump steer kit so it can be driven. First of all this thing as heavy as HELLLLL shipping it is out of the question and I doubt I can sell it locally to begin with. Is it better off just scrapping it? I have a large pile of metal that I need to take to the metal recycling center and was just wondering if it was worth throwing that in along w/ the scrap heap w/ the stock A arms.

1. I have no need to keep it really, nothing I can really use it for now that I have the aftermarket K member.

2. Can I get more for it $$$ as scrap metal opposed to trying to sell it?

• Sponsors (?)

I took all of my factory heavy parts and through them in the metal dumpster.....it would be more work than i'm willing to do, to keep it and attempt selling it. I also did the same with my freshly painted hood. What can I say, I'm lazy :nice:

I vote scrap it, and take whatever money you can make

wow thats it? its deff the most heavy thing I have to scrap. Other then that there is a fender and truck lid (non mustang stuff) and other metal stuff. I know its based on weight but Im not sure of what the going rate of scrap is either.

jesus what a rip off lol. There is some brass/aluminum mixed in as well if that makes a difference at all. Id est between 150-200 lbs worth of stuff, maybe as much as 250 but Id have to weigh all of it to be sure.

Its been a while since I took anything to scrap, but you should always separate the aluminum and copper out. Aluminum averages around $.40 a pound I believe, although it does fluctuate a lot and will vary from place to place. Copper is always worth a lot more than aluminum, but if its car parts, you likely don't have much or any...

Just as a comparison, I had an old Ford truck that I paid like $400 bucks for that died on me. It had an aluminum box. Pulled the box off, got like $450 for it. They were only gonna give me $100 for the whole truck.

One question...

Since yours is a prototype R is the K special? If its a normal V8 K then scrap it. If its something unique then your tossing mustang history in the garbage and honestly that is just dumb to do with a prototype model.

I guess its a normal K as I recall you holding onto the special bits to this car.

I would keep it, prototype cars are worth more with there factory equipment then aftermarket parts. If you ever have to sell for what ever reason the original parts are whats going to fetch the high dollars (when dealing with prototypes/rare cars), take that away and it becomes just another stang.
Find a stop in your garage and try and rig it to hold a piece of ply wood and make it a table/self.

good point. The K member its self is nothing special same thing that came in all the 94/95's. The entire body of the car is a 94 Cobra, only prototype stuff is under the hood and under the car, and the actual hood.