Is there a Car Magazine Shortage?

351CJ

Dec 11, 2002
I took the wife shopping this morning. We were at 3 stores. I checked the magazine racks and there were NO February issues of Hot Rod, Motor Trend or Car & Driver (all 3 rags with the Mustang on the Cover). All 3 stores were sold out.

However all 3 stores had plenty of copies of the February issues of Automobile (Corvette on the Cover), Autoweek - 2 issues, last week with ME-412 on cover and the latest Autoweek with the Nomad Concept on the cover. There was also a big supply of Road & Track February issues. R&T also has the new Corvette on their cover. I just took a quick look but it did not appear that either Automobile or R&D had any article on the 2005 Mustang.

Is the 2005 Mustang a hot story or what? :spot:

Any guesses as to what will be on the cover of the March issues of Automobile & R&T? :stick:

• Sponsors (?)

351CJ said:
I took the wife shopping this morning. We were at 3 stores. I checked the magazine racks and there were NO February issues of Hot Rod, Motor Trend or Car & Driver (all 3 rags with the Mustang on the Cover). All 3 stores were sold out.

However all 3 stores had plenty of copies of the February issues of Automobile (Corvette on the Cover), Autoweek - 2 issues, last week with ME-412 on cover and the latest Autoweek with the Nomad Concept on the cover. There was also a big supply of Road & Track February issues. R&T also has the new Corvette on their cover. I just took a quick look but it did not appear that either Automobile or R&D had any article on the 2005 Mustang.

Is the 2005 Mustang a hot story or what? :spot:

Any guesses as to what will be on the cover of the March issues of Automobile & R&T? :stick:

I've been meaning to pick up a copy of Car & Driver. Can't stand Motor Trend. I get Hot Rod and R&T in the mail. The next issue of R&T BETTER have the Mustang on the cover. They were kind of snide about it in the current issue. Or maybe they'll have the 06 Charger?

It seems like the buzz on the Mustang is pretty hot. I've got Motor Trend and R&T (sorry R&T has the Vette on the cover and the new Mustang rates only a blurb in the Ampersand section). Can't find Car and Driver or Hot Rod...they've sold out..haven't seen this situation ever.

Ford quoted that they expected the '05 would sell 180,000 up from a 130,000 average. I predict more than the 180K.

I saw the MT and HD, and Autoweek articles. Where are the Mustang Mags (MMFF, 50FF, M&F)?? You would think they would know about the '05 :shrug:

I think the Hot Rod article had the best info. I was surprised since they seem to do import and Cheby stuff. MT was good. I haven't read C&D since the French bought them and they fell in love with anything Japanese. :bang:

The Fireman said:
There are still a few issues of C&D around though.

C&D came out over a week later than M/T & HR. In addition, C&D has a larger circulation than the other rags, so they stores probably stock more of them. This may be why there still are some C&D's around where you are.

MM&FF better have a great write-up on the car. I'm a bit dissappointed that they haven't thusfar, but they usually release issues in the latter half of the month, rather than the first week the way most of the mainstream mags do. That's probably the reason....

1995cobraR said:
I think the Hot Rod article had the best info. I was surprised since they seem to do import and Cheby stuff. MT was good. I haven't read C&D since the French bought them and they fell in love with anything Japanese. :bang:

I agree that Hot Rod had the best info. I won't read C&D anymore, since they trashed the Mach 1. It figures that they would like Japanese cars, because they come from the only country that France hasn't surrendered to. :flag: