Is this more of an X pipe or H pipe ?

My car is not going to be raced so my HP is not so important - I like the sound of chambered - would you say mac is a better muffler ?

As far as sound goes, the sound of the chambered muffler over powers any intermediary as well. Most of us old guy had chambered mufflers when we were younger. This is a matter of learned experience. That chambered muffler will absolutely drive you insane within a year or two. Those bitches have this constant drone between 1800 and 2400rpm, like right where the engine is at highway speed. You'll be going down the highway on a long drive, and that drone will eat into your subconscious. I think Flowmaster mufflers are the incipient stage of 1 out of 3 serial killers.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I suppose every car has a different combo of stuff ( X or H ; 0 ,2 ,4 cats ; auto or stick ; different rear gears to determine highway cruise rpm ) I love the chambered sound , so I will just take my chance - thanks all !

As far as sound goes, the sound of the chambered muffler over powers any intermediary as well. Most of us old guy had chambered mufflers when we were younger. This is a matter of learned experience. That chambered muffler will absolutely drive you insane within a year or two. Those bitches have this constant drone between 1800 and 2400rpm, like right where the engine is at highway speed. You'll be going down the highway on a long drive, and that drone will eat into your subconscious. I think Flowmaster mufflers are the incipient stage of 1 out of 3 serial killers.

Kurt
When will you learn...Advice given around here always amounts to “ Thanks I’m doing it away”

• Haha
  • Loved It!
Reactions: 1 users
I think Flowmaster mufflers are the incipient stage of 1 out of 3 serial killers.

1581132975934.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Look who’s talking. you’re the guy that convinced mr p to go out and buy the noisy assed things. ;)

Hmmm .... I guess I did seal that deal for him! Lol
If mine was a daily, I may have gone a different route, but for as little as I drive it, I don’t mind. We’ll see what he thinks in a few months of every day use.

It's amazing how fast your opinion of exhaust sound changes the moment you have a newborn in the house. My neighbor would fire up his Harley right around nap time every weekend. I wanted to give him a lobotomy with a rusty spoon.

Kurt

I had a LX 5.0 over 25 years ago with original 40s on it and full cats . I remember I loved that sound . I will put the 44s on Friday with my OEM dual cats and see ( If I don’t I will always wish I did ) it’s relatively cheap to do - $100 for labor to cut off OEM mufflers and weld these on . If I don’t like them I can just sell them and try some other ones . One thing I remember back then was Nothing “sounded” better then a fox with flows .

Got the 44s welded on for $100 - they are about 10% louder and deeper than the OEMs I had on . Power seems better at high rpm . No loss of torque from takeoff - no drone at all and at cruising speeds the interior noise is low ( maybe the same as what I had ) aside from the 10% louder , the only sound difference is a slight bit hollow ( chamber muffler sound ) here and there , which is good . $250 was the total cost parts and labor - would I do it again ? Its better , but a bit louder and more hollow would be nice - super 40s would have been next choice . Let me add a YouTube video

My setup will be the Bassani X-pipe and flowmasters american thunder cat-back

I'm curious to how it will sound, but at some point, the flows will get cut off for something a little bit more freer flowing. Problem is, i actually want to quiet my car down.
That is the same setup I have but the Bassani X Pipe also has 2 Cats.

My setup will be the Bassani X-pipe and flowmasters american thunder cat-back

I'm curious to how it will sound, but at some point, the flows will get cut off for something a little bit more freer flowing. Problem is, i actually want to quiet my car down.
Mustang5L5, how does your Bassani/Flowmaster exhaust sound? I’m looking at the Bassani catted X-pipe to replace my stock H-pipe, and I’ve got the American Thunder cat-back exhaust on it already.

Mustang5L5, how does your Bassani/Flowmaster exhaust sound? I’m looking at the Bassani catted X-pipe to replace my stock H-pipe, and I’ve got the American Thunder cat-back exhaust on it already.

Unfortunately engine hasn't been put in the car yet. So even I don't know what it sounds like...yet

Reactions: 1 user