It's Finally Alive

mytight95

Apr 11, 2003
Dothan,Al
I finally started my car.................after 3 long months.......it started first try too.........anyhow it is LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

started it for about 30 seconds...........already had the cops called on me.......right now it is open headers.......and isn't completely finished. :rolleyes: .......still have to work out my alternator situation........and an idler pulley and rerun my hoses.......change some clamps etc.....i just can't believe it.....i am happy that it started i was worried cause this is my first tear down and put back together by myself except for the PTV clearance, and a few people on a local board who helped.........just info though.

should be on the road in another week or two at the most.........and hopefully to a track before long.............lets see what this combo will bring.......

MODS:
e7heads 1.94 intake, 1.60 exhaust fully ported and polished(to the max)
bowl blending etc. etc. etc. shave .20 as well for compression bump(not thumpers) no debate please........cheap heads only have around 300$ in them
b-cam
1.7rr.........making the total valve lift .510 .510 with a 224 duration i believe
full headers etc. exhaust.....x-pipe.....mac pro dumps
T-moss ported stock intake.......
underdrives
no smog.
no a/c
4.10's
afpr
soon to have a 80mm maf
mac cai
14* timing
etc. etc. etc.....(pretty much all bolt ons now)

anyone want to guess what it will actually run...

and thanks to anyone who has given info or help or anything most times this site is very very very helpful :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice:

jason

• Sponsors (?)

yeah it's nothing new though..........we moved into a new neighborhood about 6 months ago.....kinda snooty people.........but the only nice neighborhood we could find that had a house we liked..........

anyhow..........he'll really love it when i leave a blackstreak down the whole road...........

jason

I live in some new Town houses.... it sucks having so many neighbors. When I went to make the video of the stall.... I had a bunch of them come out and glare at me and go back in the house. Probably called the po-po on me too. I just pulled back in the garage and shut it. :lol: Figured I would blame it on the Civic Boys in the next Tri-plex. :D

Congrats on the motor... how did the other one go out? :shrug:

dont ya just love the sound when she fires up for the first time, and the panic as you look all around the engine for leaks and whatnot.. The smell of oil/paint/sealers burning off..mmm good stuff!

If I were you, ide leave the biggest black streaks in front of whoevers house that called the coppers on ya.. And blame it on the civc down the street,lol like Pual said.

LOL.........agreed...........first time i have ever heard my car with the cam and the open headers........liked it actually..lol

there will be some black streaks all the way past their driveway and maybe in it........but i am sure that would warrant another call to the boys in blue......

Oink.......i was nervus as hell when it started...........was just hoping nothing collided missed etc.....even though we checked all specs and even clayed the pistons to check it out.....

jason

Paul.............when we used to have our townhouse.........all the officers new me on a first name basis...........but there was nothing they could do.......car was street legal.......and i wasn't racing up and down the roads soooooooooo......they would just ask me to leave it alone a little while.....we have a noise ordinance in town now though.....cant get away with as much...

Great...glad to hear things going well....its nerve wracking starting it the first time..I know... :bang:
Least you dont have to worry about Winter....almost time to put the toys away up here... :mad:

just getting cold......cough.....i mean cool enough here to get a few extra horses.........and get good times at the track.........

i was worried as hell about starting it....my stomach was actually in knots.....lol

i have also installed the fogs too andy......first time both fogs have worked at the same time.....since i have had the car.....

jason

ps.......whattaya think i can get out of it......

Gotta be mid 13s to start....you got 410s, lighten it some and if you can get it to hook..all the better...
I think you be smiling first time you run it up thru the gears... :nice: Thing is, we all know its a sickness...I already have 3 scenarios for changing mine over the Winter... :bang:

this is my in b tween motor now..........as soon as i am finished an can drive it without issues(tuned chip etc.) i have already bought a block and am planning on dissasembling it and starting my 347........prolly take a year or so to finish though without using plastic

jason

almost...........still hiding wiring........hoses and everything else i can get away with........alternator is at the electrical place being upgraded.......and i have to drop the x-pipe because i dropped a socket in it.......lol

anyone who is wondering if they have a powdercoat that will hold up to exhaust...............i tried their high temp powdercoat............flakes off.........i am dissapointed.....................

i will post pics when i get everything finished.............i have some pics with almost everything installed.......but they are too large for my mustang mods account.....

jason

You gotta love the open headers. :D

When you get the revs up about 6000 with the open headers and all that thunder pounds your chest and rings your ear drums. I love it....

I wish I could stand behind a top fuel car everytime I had a bad day. :)

Joe

well it has been about a week since i FINISHED it........I have driven it quite a bit around town etc.......it makes some power....and it isn't too much quiter with the of road x and the mac pro dump setup.....draws a LOT of attention..

jason