Junkyard hunt?

Bad92GT

The 5 Minute Plan Man
Jun 10, 2004
SC
Kinda new to 4.6s here so cut me some slack :D What kind of cars would you look at if you wanted to find any PI stuff? I work at a junkyard and had a mark viii motor, and a ton of later model police interceptors.. I'm fairly certain i dont have and PI mustang motors. Just wondering what heads are any good that I can pull off of a stock car? Also, any good parts in general that could help me out on my 98 GT automatic? Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Any Mustang, Crown vic, or Grand Marquis between 99-04 will have the PI heads you are looking for. I think the cams & intake might be different in the non Mustang motors though. If I worked in a junkyard I would look for a motor from a Lincoln with the 32V, or perhaps a 32V 5.4 Navigator motor. Or even a Expedition 5.4 sohc.

99-04 mustangs have them,01 and up crown vics and related cars with 4.6 and you can also get them off f150s or expeditions with 4.6 or 5.4 unsure of the first year tho,i believe these were prob 2000 or 01 and up as well.the cams are also diff from 96-98 and 99-04.i have a set of 2002 gt heads with 35k on them i can sell you if your interested.deff huge improvement over non pi.had the entire motor in my 96 and it really woke it up.i already sold the cams from the heads but have the rest.let me know.emails [email protected].
im selling because im building a stroker with stage 2 heads and cams.