Just got $5500

rockmanxl

Jul 9, 2004
A old woman in a volvo hit me a while back, Im getting the money this week... How much would the total cost be, including installation, for PI heads, cams, and intake manifold?

• Sponsors (?)

Shoot--should be able to get pretty much whatever you want, I'd think. I'm not super technical, yet, but personally (if it were me) I'd consider a new engine / manual tranny combination.

Another thing to think about... Trade in your current car, take the $5k along with it and get a more recent year model. (Unless you love / are happy with what you have now.) This way, you won't have to muck around with upgrading as it will already be done for you.

Just throwing up some suggestions for ya. Good luck!

Do the PI swap and get a Super Charger, alot less hassle.

I know this doesent answer your question, but I'd say it will cost you alot less then what your getting..

How much damage did she do ?
(Dont say $5500) hehe

What mileage is on your car?
Are you getting the damage fixed?
Is this $5500 you will be getting after the car is fixed?

Personally, I would junk the car and sell it to a rebuilder for like $3000-$4000 and take all your money and go find a used 99+ cobra. These are a pretty decent price if they're around ~50k on the odometer. I kick myself in the pants a lot for not buying the 99 cobra on the lot instead of my 01 but the 01 had less miles and was about $6k cheaper. I think the $6k would have been worth it. You could put that money down on an 03 cobra used and really have some fun!!!! I want one in the worst way!!!

Ill never trade in or sell my car, I love it too much, even if it is an automatic and not super fast, it will go to the grave with me. It has about 85K right now, its not too bad for a 97. The damage done was about 3000 dollars, it was only to the rear end, and her insurance company paid for all of that, the 5500 dollars is spending money for me for as my lawyer puts it "pain and suffering." Also I have almost nothing done to my car other than some aesthetic things, K&N and UD pullies, so I would like to get some bolt ons like Headers, Exhaust, TB/Plenum, Gears and things like that, I dont know how much Id have left over if I swap the engine, but I will absolutely consider it. Thanks a lot everyone.

BTW... If anyone is interested, you can check out some things Ive planned and have already done here... http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/620336/1

seriously though, if you put a lot of power to a tired auto or manual you are just asking to spend another 1500 for a tranny. in the scope of things, unless you do all of your own work, $5500 is going to vanish quickly.

i kno this may sound ricy but in mmaf mag they have a single turbo kit for ithink 4800 and its for the 2 valve gt and after install you have a result of like 480hp then get some wider rims and your all set

ok you were doin fine till you said wider rims haha....sorry but throwing wider rims in the mix to compensate for the turbo just sounds ricey.....but anyway......ummm yea the single turbo isn't bad.....i do however have a site for a twin turbo which produces a little more horse and like 680 tq i believe....i'll edit in a bit and post the site.

Edge

i_eat_rice(rs) said:
ok you were doin fine till you said wider rims haha....sorry but throwing wider rims in the mix to compensate for the turbo just sounds ricey.....but anyway......ummm yea the single turbo isn't bad.....i do however have a site for a twin turbo which produces a little more horse and like 680 tq i believe....i'll edit in a bit and post the site.

Edge

Edge and crazywhatever. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MUSTANGS?