just got a 5.0l block, what to do with it

fastgtfairlane

Apr 7, 2006
my new neighbor happens to be a big mustang guy like myself. when i moved in my house i walked over to his house to talk to him. hes got 4 mustangs in his driveway. a 70 mach1, 66 2+2, 84 gt and a 87-93 fox 4 banger dd. he happened to have a spare 5.0 block and ive had a 70 351c 4bbl for a few years and havent been able to even give it away. anyhow his mach has a cleveland in it and we are trading engines, so now i have a stock bore 5.0 block. im thinking of building a 331 out of it but not sure. i may put the juice to it but not sure. definatly all forged internals. not sure on the heads. what ya think, any suggestions, advice would be fantastic.

• Sponsors (?)

bore and stroke....and gas

guys in the local club

CCCC%20santee%20canal%20state%20park%20car%20show%20005.jpg

Good%20Neighbor%20Center%20006.jpg

Pics of the '70 or BAN!!!!

Haha, glad to hear you have such cool neighbors. The routes you can go will be endless. Lots of research. Build it the way YOU want it.

i will try to get some pics of it. i know its under construction right now. its got a built cleveland, i believe 3.89 gears and he put a t-5 in it. the engine was built like 10 years ago. i helped him put a i believe 650 or 750 holley dp. its got slotmags and sits pretty low. it needs a paint job but has a ton of potential

Went to a local cruise in today. Saw one of the coolest Stangs ever there. Was a Winter Blue '69 Mach1. :drool:

OT, I had the LOUDEST vehicle there. Was in a truck that the exhaust came off of on the way there. 6.5 GM diesel = VERY loud with straight headers!

what year is the 302 block?

if its a non roller cam block see if you can trade that for a roller cam block---it'll save you a good chunk of $$$$ in the long run. i say 347, vic jr heads, track heat intake(ported of course), big cam, etc...

what year is the 302 block?

if its a non roller cam block see if you can trade that for a roller cam block---it'll save you a good chunk of $$$$ in the long run. i say 347, vic jr heads, track heat intake(ported of course), big cam, etc...

i know its an ho 87-93 block but not sure exactly what year. it does have the holes on the top for the roller cam keeper or web. im not sure what you call it. i would love to put some afr 185s on it but not sure my wallet is fat enough for that.