just got my 97 gt what can i do w/ it

hey i just got a nice 97 mustan gt convert. i don't know much about v8's i've only ever delt w/ imports what should i start with to soop it up let me know the basics please and what will it take to super charge it? Thanks for any help

• Sponsors (?)

You should probably give us a list of what has been added to the car first.

With that said, your best bang for the buck with a 97 is to add the PI cams, heads and intake. Not sure if you really need to add all 3, someone else may know better but for a pre-99 SN-95 that will give you a significant power increase.

To supercharge just get a good kit and make sure to get it dyno tuned. If the kit doesn't come with one you'll want to buy a hand held programmer as well, but most kits come with one. On here MPH has a good reputation with their Mongoose kit for instance.

Best bang for the buck is gears, by far. If feels like you've added a power adder. If you are thinking blower in the future be carefull with the PI heads. If you do PI heads on a 97 your compression will be up there and you will not be able to see a lot of boost safely. Better to do Nitrous with a PI headswap unless you are going to change pistons to lower the compression.

Best bang for the buck is gears, by far. If feels like you've added a power adder. If you are thinking blower in the future be carefull with the PI heads. If you do PI heads on a 97 your compression will be up there and you will not be able to see a lot of boost safely. Better to do Nitrous with a PI headswap unless you are going to change pistons to lower the compression.

ok so what would i be looking at for hp after the pi cams, heads, intake, 4:10's and then with all of that and the new pistons, then with the blower on top of that bc i will probily do it in that order? i just want to know what i'm going to be looking at as i go with this project. thanks for the help tho i appreciate it

ok so what would i be looking at for hp after the pi cams, heads, intake, 4:10's and then with all of that and the new pistons, then with the blower on top of that bc i will probily do it in that order? i just want to know what i'm going to be looking at as i go with this project. thanks for the help tho i appreciate it
Gears don't add power.
Full PI swap with exhaust, you're looking at around 250 to the ground. Stage I or II cams with that and maybe you port those heads and it'd be anywhere from 275-310rwhp.
Add lower compression (forged i'd be assuming) internals and a S-trim Vortech you'd see around 370-390 with an intercooler. But those internals would allow you to run more psi with a smaller pulley, maybe a 8-rib kit or even just buy a t-trim instead and see 440-470rwhp+ with all the proper fuel and ignition mods. You'll proly need transmission, suspension, rear end mods and some wheels/tires as well to put that to the ground.