Just installed an o/r prochamber and have a few problems

vroom-vroom

Aug 16, 2004
Chicago, Il
I bought a 96-98 prochamber I got used and tried putting it on my '99 gt today because it supposedly fit my car. It all seemed to be going well until I got near the end. I have the gasket in there for the passenger side, that side is fine and is not leaking. On the driver's side however, I can't get the pipe to fit snug into the exhaust manifold. Theres spacers on the bolts that go into the exhaust manifold and the flanges get tight but the pipe is still loose. Anyone else ever have this happen? Is it because my car is a 99 and the prochamber is a 96-98? Also the O2 sensor plugs dont reach all the way to the spot where you plug them in. I spent all day doing this and now it sounds like **** because it's leaking:doh:

• Sponsors (?)

get some pliers or vice grips and turn the studs out..some PB blaster would help. I'd do it the right way though- if the part number for 96-98 is diffrent than 99+ thatn that is of course your problem.. don't bother with something that won't fit right- i'd start checking part numbers.

get some pliers or vice grips and turn the studs out..some PB blaster would help. I'd do it the right way though- if the part number for 96-98 is diffrent than 99+ thatn that is of course your problem.. don't bother with something that won't fit right- i'd start checking part numbers.

I bought it used and was told it would fit my car. If I would have bought it new, trust me... I would've checked the part numbers and made sure it was the right one. It should work if i can get those studs out.

yea, they can be a pain. If theres rust on them, spray alot of PB blaster on them, then if that won't work take a torch to it, and try and take it out while its still hot.
There are also other methods, there are tools that take studs and stuff out.
Did you check the part numbers? Not putting ya' down or anything, but i have bad luck modifying things that wern't made to fit, and i regret it in the long run.

i think it might be a series of prochambers that where made because i got mine used was told it would fit my 98 and the o2 sensors are not long enough. i had a leaking problem to but i took everything loose, then just tightened each part of it slowly. do one side till its snug(but everthing still kinda moves) then do the other side. that worked for me

Still can't get the thing out of there. Bought a stud remover tool and heated up the manifold with a torch and it did nothing but strip the threads off of the stud. Gonna try again later and if I still can't get it I might have to try drillin. All of this for a midpipe install, bummerrr.

Still can't get the thing out of there. Bought a stud remover tool and heated up the manifold with a torch and it did nothing but strip the threads off of the stud. Gonna try again later and if I still can't get it I might have to try drillin. All of this for a midpipe install, bummerrr.

Yeah dude you can also just drill it out bigger and put a bolt and nut on it.:nice:

I dont know about the Prochamber but I know a few other mid pipes use a little "cone" that slips into the drivers side end of the pipe where it meets up at the manifold...

May have missed you saying it, but was that included/installed?

I dont know about the Prochamber but I know a few other mid pipes use a little "cone" that slips into the drivers side end of the pipe where it meets up at the manifold...

May have missed you saying it, but was that included/installed?

Nope, wasn't included or installed. I did get that stud out finally though. Had to go buy a new stud remover tool from sears that did the trick. Gonna put the new studs in and finish up the install tomorrow.:nice: