Just installed an o/r prochamber and have a few problems

thats my pipe you brought from me.

If you need help installing it let me know. I took that thing off my car many times and 96-98 do fit on the 99+ gt's. You need a o2 extension for 99+ gts i think though, which i didnt on my car.

the cone thing wasn't included when i brought the pipe used also, but i also had problems with it leaking which was solved with a gasket. If its your first midpipe install your most likely going to have problems getting it to seal. The cone thing is not required so you dont need.

Some people do have problems with midpipes sealing because of the studs, but i didnt on my car. Im not sure what to say about the studs. I had many midpipes on my car with no problems installed by me:

that o/r prochamber
mac catted H
and my current o/r h.

good luck

Edit: i see your problem is with the drivers side. Sorry, had to re-read the thread. I didnt have any major problems with the drivers side. If you have the pipe angled wrong it will not seal at all, but thats the case with any midpipe. But it seems it might be the studs as other people having that problem on the local chicago forum you posted on. Well, keep the thread updated.

Itll all be worth it in the end. The o/r prochamber sounds so exotic with flowmasters! You'll have the best sounding car in your whole neighborhood.

• Sponsors (?)

with mine I took the studs out and took a cut off tool to the collars on the studs. 5 seconds on each and they just fell off. reinstalled studs and works like a charm

Is this the 3 piece design of a prochamber? It was a breeze to install when I did mine as you can work 1 leg at a time instead of having to angle it in just right.

I've never had a problem with my studs on my 3 midpipe swaps either :shrug: must be a change in the 99+ cars.

thats my pipe you brought from me.

If you need help installing it let me know. I took that thing off my car many times and 96-98 do fit on the 99+ gt's. You need a o2 extension for 99+ gts i think though, which i didnt on my car.

the cone thing wasn't included when i brought the pipe used also, but i also had problems with it leaking which was solved with a gasket. If its your first midpipe install your most likely going to have problems getting it to seal. The cone thing is not required so you dont need.

Some people do have problems with midpipes sealing because of the studs, but i didnt on my car. Im not sure what to say about the studs. I had many midpipes on my car with no problems installed by me:

that o/r prochamber
mac catted H
and my current o/r h.

good luck

Edit: i see your problem is with the drivers side. Sorry, had to re-read the thread. I didnt have any major problems with the drivers side. If you have the pipe angled wrong it will not seal at all, but thats the case with any midpipe. But it seems it might be the studs as other people having that problem on the local chicago forum you posted on. Well, keep the thread updated.

Itll all be worth it in the end. The o/r prochamber sounds so exotic with flowmasters! You'll have the best sounding car in your whole neighborhood.

haha yeah man thanks again for selling it to me. I called mac today and theyre gonna send me the cone because even after getting the new studs in it still isnt sealing right. They're gonna ship it for free. I can't wait for it to be on it's gonna sound so good. it all fits up perfect though, just need that piece for the drivers side.

Is this the 3 piece design of a prochamber? It was a breeze to install when I did mine as you can work 1 leg at a time instead of having to angle it in just right.

I've never had a problem with my studs on my 3 midpipe swaps either :shrug: must be a change in the 99+ cars.

no, it's a two piece. and yeah, i think it's more of a hassle on 99+ cars because I know of a lot of people that had to remove the studs.

haha yeah man thanks again for selling it to me. I called mac today and theyre gonna send me the cone because even after getting the new studs in it still isnt sealing right. They're gonna ship it for free. I can't wait for it to be on it's gonna sound so good. it all fits up perfect though, just need that piece for the drivers side.

Damn, hopefully the cone works. I read on that chicagoland post and it seems all the people who replaced the studs are 99+ GT's which is strange.

Good luck :nice: